Recent content by honey's girl

  1. H

    TKR Had TKR 2011, and still having problems!

    Unfortunately, I don't have any answers for you, I'm just sorry you're going through this. :sad:
  2. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I'm definitely considering getting in touch with him! I've been to his website and looked up a few things in his library. I don't know why, but I'm thinking it might be best to find out the results of the second culture before I do. Should I wait or contact him now? Thanks.
  3. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I found out yesterday that the numbers from the second culture are higher than the first and the OS wants to see me next Wed. YIKES! That's all I know as it was an office assistant who called.
  4. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Yes, they did do a culture, which the PA said was borderline infection. Maybe they didn't a blood count last time?All I know is that I'm quickly losing faith in my OS who has a very good reputation. On top of everything else, he told me I don't need to come back for a month. My knee is already...
  5. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I'm discouraged, mad, and don't know what to do. Went for follow up with PA yesterday. He said the results of my aspiration shows borderline infection. He then aspirated the same amount of blood as he did 10 days ago. He asked me to come back in after the OP got there to have to have him look...
  6. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    No antibiotics.
  7. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I haven't posted the past few days because of work, and when I wasn't working, I've been elevating my knee. I got the results of my fluid (blood) culture today and the results are.....inconclusive. The OS's nurse said that he will probably do it again to compare the numbers. I have no idea what...
  8. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Yes, that is right except the entire LFD4 area is involved. When I have the pain that feels like something is out of place, I manuver my knee until it feels like its back in place. Fortunately, it only takes a few seconds, but its incredibly painful in the meantime. The PA mentioned I might...
  9. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Thanks for your answers, @Josephine. My main areas of pain are; LF D 3,4 and LB D3. The very left side of my knee often feels like its "out of place". Its extrememly painful until I get it "back in place". Just below my kneecap is painful. The "bloodletting" :snork: I had Wednesday did help...
  10. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Thank you for replying! It was definitely blood. The PA told me it was and I saw it in the container he put it in. 1. Pain is at LD3, LD4 and LB3. Pain levels vary between a 5-7 while active. It's a dull pain, but at times is sharp enough to make me literally yelp outload. This usually happens...
  11. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I had a TLKR on April 11, 2014. Things were going well until about six months ago when that old familiar pain began again. Coincidently, I began working at a job where I have to stand and walk up to four hours at a time without a break. I've been to the OS, had x-rays showing a perfect new joint...
  12. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Oops, sorry for the different threads! Oh yes, I'm defintely taking pain meds.The asprin is strictly for its blood thinning capabilities but it helps that icky feeling. I hate that others feel the same way, but maybe together we can figure it out. Thanks for all the info, Josephine and thanks to...
  13. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    Every evening since I had my trk (2 weeks out today), I feel like I'm coming down with a cold, or the flu. I don't have a temp, I just feel "yucky" for lack of a better term. I take my nightly aspirin and feel much better in the morning. Has anyone else experienced this? Could it just be that...
  14. H

    TKR A quick hello!

    I can't stay long, but wanted to see how everyone is doing. Glad to see everyone seems to be doing well. I'm on my 13th day pre-op. Sure hasn't been my idea of a good time, but I'm beginning to see a bit of light at the end of the tunnel :fingersx:. :ice: is my new best friend. Take care...
  15. H

    What is my problem??

    I'm having a TLKR on Thursday. I've done everything I could to avoid this. PT, shots, arthorscopy; you name it, I've done it. I really wasn't surprised when I went to a new OS and was told I need a replacement. First by the PA, then the OS. I've taken the class, had my pre-op, and done a lot of...
Back
Top Bottom