Hi @MJK
I was 45 when I had my surgery so definitely never expected to break a hip. In fact I fell on ice in the morning I walked around most of the day in agony not believing it to be anything more than badly knocked. By evening I could no longer weight bare. So went to A&E.
I suppose it...
Hi @MJK
I would ask for a scan referral not because the Calci-D will not have a benefit but if you do in deed have confirmed osteoporosis you can take other medications that also slow bone turnover.
It might not be right for you but once results known about your bone density a plan can be put...
@MJK I am approaching 3 years post sliding hip screw. As mine was right at Covid I had virtually no physio. I was told toe touch 6-7 weeks. Once check X-Ray could put would through it at about 7 weeks and drive.
I was discharged from NHS with crutches and could manage stairs from 48 hrs post...
@Stephen1989 It gets better I promise. I’m 18 months down the line. Still haven’t managed to run …. But that is laziness on my part I intend to try couch to 5K again soon.
it hurt the first time with no surgery …. That’s what’s putting me off . Life does get easier day to day life nothing I can...
So here I am 6 months post fracture repair ...... what can I say to encourage others.
At 6 months I am poles apart from where I was at 3 months. Working full time ..... managing to dig in the garden lift paving slabs take stairs 2 at a time . Much of what I could do previously I can manage...
@Eivar
I still do some exercises side step up and down a step. Forward facing up and down step both leading by alternating which leg I start with.
I still do my leg raises to the side and back. I definitely am beginning to get less discomfort that I may have got as the day progresses every day...
Hi @Eivar,
I think feeling down some of the time is normal. I am a little ahead I suppose. I’m just over 15 weeks since my Dynamic Hip Screw and anti rotation screw to my left hip. This week I went back to work.
I still have a limp with gait issue still though lessening my balance is improving...
@Eivar When you walk to you walk upright or lean to your unaffected side. I know I was guilty of this and as much as it pained me even although my consultant told me to full weight bare get rid of crutches this was near impossible without giving other pains.
I continued longer on my crutch...
@nicki2377 I can only comment from my hip pinning in December. My left thigh had a lot of altered sensation and sometimes I could almost confuse it with pain. Particularly if clothing was rubbing. My physiotherapist gave me some desensitivity exercises which involves rubbing the area with...
Glad to hear that you are progressing well. It’s clear that different countries have different guidance. I am 12 weeks post op today.
I was told I could full weight bare at 7 weeks however it wasn’t that easy. So I remained with one or 2 crutches depending on fatigue.
Physiotherapy has consisted...
So far I’ve not really had much change over last couple of weeks. It’s maybe getting easier walking with one crutch. I have been given the tension bands at physiotherapy but not done too much only as did not want to venture into discomfort.
Dexa bone scan unfortunately shows T score between...
Hi @mikepapagolf
sorry to hear of your accident. It’s just other than the initial post operative exercises there is not much I find out there.
Seen my physiotherapist at week 6 who said I could increase my weight bearing to 50% from toe touch and at week 7 consultant had a check X-ray and...
Thanks Jaycey
I never leave the house without my crutch and have only attempted a few steps without it in the last 48hours
With my crutch I have minimal mild discomfort but usually only at the end of the day.
Overnight I do use Nortriptylene. I was advised not to take NSAIDs for AVN so only...
I had a fractured neck of femur which was undisplaced and repaired with a DHS and Cannulated screw. I am now just over 8 weeks post operative.
had limited physiotherapy and I’ve had a couple of hydrotherapy sessions.
check X-ray and advised can fully weight bare. One small part of fracture...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.