Recent content by Henrysmom1

  1. H

    THR Seeking Advice, Need Both Hips Replaced

    Probably too late to the party but I just wanted to note that my brother who is 6 feet tall and weighed 320 had both of this hips done, anterior approach at the same time and did just fine. He did stay in the hospital 3 nights, but he had medical issues and did just fine afterwards at home. It...
  2. H

    THR Nerve Damage with Anterior Approach

    I had RTHR two years ago, anterior approach. I had nearly no pain after the surgery, save some mild incision pain. I had surgery 7am and was walking up few stairs by 1 and home in my recliner by 4. I only took a total of 4 Vicodin tablets afterwards and frankly it was to help me fall asleep. I...
  3. H

    Husband of a late-August BTHR, looking for support.

    I myself only had a single, but my brother had bilateral anterior hips done a few years ago. He was 61 at the time, 280 pounds and so reconditioned he couldn’t walk more than 50 feet withOut resting. He lived alone and had minimal help. He was using lots of painkillers just to get out of bed...
  4. H

    Anyone have anterior and a posterior?

    Yes I do have Kaiser and I do know several people who had good results. I do know the long term results are the same, but that big incision on the buttock looks far more painful than my little 4 inch scar on the front of my leg. A relative had her hip around the same time as I did and while I...
  5. H

    Anyone have anterior and a posterior?

    Hi all. I had an anterior right hip last November and honestly it was a fabulous experience. I was in the hospital at 630 am and home in my recliner the same day by 4. Used walker for a week or so and a can for another week or two. Never had pain post surgery worse than what I had before. Saw a...
  6. H

    THR New hip yesterday!

    It will be two weeks tomorrow since my anterior RTHR. I’ve done better than I imagined. I am pretty tired but am walking well with a cane. Drove a short distance to the grocery store today and was able to get a few bags full before I got tired. Still somewhat sore and tight in my hip, especially...
  7. H

    THR New hip yesterday!

    Well it’s post op day two and I feel better today. I’ve been icing religiously and have no real swelling. Pain down a bit over yesterday. PT came and we figured out how to get into my shower so husband will help with that later as I desperately need one! Mostly staying in bed or lazy boy chair...
  8. H

    THR New hip yesterday!

    Its over, I finally got my new hip yesterday. Have needed this a long time but was in denial, I finally got brave and did it! I had an anterior right hip replacement yesterday under spinal anesthesia at 730 and left the hospital at 3pm to recover at home. Yesterday was actually a bit better...
  9. H

    New hip tomorrow!

    Well the day has finally arrived! I will be having a RTHR anterior approach tomorrow 07:30. Am on the enhanced recovery protocol, so plan is to come home tomorrow night. My surgeon does almost all his patients that way and has good results so I feel confident that I will get the relief I need...
  10. H

    Question about timing second hip

    In the area I live in there are only 3 or 4 surgeons who do the anterior approach and none will do bilateral. My brother had both hips done at same time but his surgeon retired. I honestly have a hard time determining if my left hip is really bad because I just hurt all over my groin and...
  11. H

    Question about timing second hip

    Hi! I have lurked awhile and have learned so much from all of you, but I have a question now. I have arthritis in both hips now for several years and am scheduled to have my right hip replaced (anterior) on November 16th. My primary problem with my hips is stiffness and weakness; my pain isn’t...
Back
Top Bottom