Recent content by hbark

  1. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi. I thought I would post an update on my progress since my RTHR on Aug 28. I am doing pretty well. I spent 3 weeks out of work, resting and healing and following the surgeon's recommended PT which was basically walking and stretching my leg. I have an office job, and in week 4 I started...
  2. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    First full day home. Needed to make a chart to keep track of all the meds!! This is more painful than I remember from my other hip done in May 2015, but I know this too shall pass. I'm following their guidelines for PT during week 1, they're not tough to do at all, I don't feel like I'm...
  3. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Oops I blame that on the pain meds!!!! Thanks everyone.
  4. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi My right (and last!) THR happened earlier this morning as scheduled. I had to report here 5am, and was done and in my room sometime between 10 and 11 am. I had an epidural, and the last thing I remember was being in the pre-op area having discussions with the anesthesiologist and other...
  5. hbark

    THR First major surgery

    Hi. When I had my left THR back in 2015 when I was 61 yrs old. I also have a desk job. Everyone is different of course and recoveries vary. But after 3 weeks I was able to work from home. After working from home 1 week, I was back to my normal work schedule (which included traveling from...
  6. hbark

    2017 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    Hi Aug 28 is my right side THR. That will be 4 of 4. I am looking forward to it.
  7. hbark

    Need to get back to work quickly

    I had my RTHR in late May. I too work a desk job and also had the option to work from home if needed. Anyway I had 3 total weeks off, maybe I could have worked the end of that third week but would have been iffy. Weeks 4 and 5 post surgery I worked from home. Week 6, I was back traveling to...
  8. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Another update. Last week my trip to Boston for work was uneventful. Took my time walking through the airport and other places. Yesterday, I walked over 3 miles. Dog walk in the morning, then to and back from our town's July 4th fair. Felt a little tired last night but OK today. Tomorrow I...
  9. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi. I just thought I'd share an update on how I'm doing. I read posts on here several times daily but rarely post, but do appreciate hearing how others are doing, and hope you all heal well. It's been about 4 1/2 weeks since my anterior left THR, and I think I'm doing pretty well. I walk...
  10. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi everyone. So today is 2 weeks since my THR surgery, and thought I'd post an update. Actually I'm feeling pretty darn good. Yesterday the home PT person came and discharged me, and today the home visiting nurse did the same. I hope to continue the PT exercises daily, none of them are too...
  11. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi -- time for an update. Maybe it's in relative to how well I felt this past Sunday, that now I'm having pain and swelling it's got me down. Could this be the "blues" you write about?? It's only been 1 week since my surgery. I've been having PT visits at home, and don't believe I've been...
  12. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Day 3 -- Quick update. First visit from home physical therapist. She cut back drastically on the type of exercises, and number of reps for each that the PT guy in the hospital had given me. The hospital guy told me 30 reps of each, 3 times/day, the home visit PT tells me 10 reps, 3 times a...
  13. hbark

    THR Howard's Recovery Thread

    Hi Folks I had my LTHR on Tuesday May 26. Basically I'm doing OK -- I am home now (got home Wednesday May 27 by 5pm). My surgeon uses the anterior approach, and I have none of the 90 degree restrictions, or any restrictions at all really. However there was one complication, that I decided to...
  14. hbark

    LTHR Coming Up Soon

    I finally did get my call -- be there at 10 am tomorrow, surgery is at noon. Apparently I'm #5 on the assembly line! Hopefully the doc and his staff won't be thinking about going to lunch at that time! See you on the other side. :) Howard
  15. hbark

    LTHR Coming Up Soon

    Since Monday is the Memorial Day holiday here in the US, and my surgery is planned for Tuesday, I was told by both the surgeon's office and the hospital that I would get a call on Friday (yesterday) sometime, letting me know when to show up on Tuesday. No call. I tried calling them in the late...
Back
Top Bottom