Recent content by hatingthis

  1. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    12 weeks today and still find this all a struggle. While I realize it is a long process, I am beginning to worry a bit as I am noticing more swelling and even a fluid like sack on the upper part of my knee. Called the OS and am trying to get an appointment. Extremely hard to bend and I...
  2. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    10+ weeks and still feeling, I don't need to say the word. Today is Labor Day and I chose to do nothing, literally except elevate, ice and rest. Not helping much and still have continuous ache throughout my right leg and also my left knee now. Ugggg!!!!!!So frustrating! I have found only one...
  3. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Nine weeks yesterday and still not feeling the wonderful! So frustrating to go through the day with a smile, but inside questioning, "why the heck am I not feeling a bit better?" Stiffness and such a deep ache that can't seem to be reached with stretching, massaging, icing or elevating...
  4. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Well, I am getting to the 9 weeks mark.....I was hoping to be a bit more pain free, but this RTKR is unwilling or has other ideas. While the pain is different, it is still pain none the less and this girl is getting so tired of it. I continue to follow and stay above the pain with over the...
  5. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Well back to work these past few days!.....Can't say that it has been easy, but I'm thankful to my colleagues for all their help and support. The knee is holding up during the day, but by the time I get home the pain is amped up and swelling to the max. I know eventually this will subside, but...
  6. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Well had my post op checkup and according to doc all is well! Have a picture of the bionical that has taken the place of my original and by all accounts looks good. Doc says, and I will hold him to it, "6 weeks from now you will be glad you did this!" Ummm, I for sure hope so......! That...
  7. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Thank you Chicklet! I'll keep you posted as to how my first week back to work goes....Hopefully it won't be too bad as my students are not due to come back until the following week. Have a great day and thank you again!
  8. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Thank you! I appreciate your advice and thoughts...I will attempt just the Tylenol for now and see how it goes. If in fact that does not help, I will also ask my doc about the Tramadol...
  9. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Thanks everyone! Sorry for posting in the wrong spot...new to this.
  10. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    6 weeks post op and still finding it difficult to get back to some sort of normal! Pain is better, but still a constant....Wish there was a way to rid myself of that even for a few hours a day. Heading to the doctors this week for post op check in which will bring me to almost 7 weeks. My...
  11. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Thank you everyone! As I stated in my first post, I appreciate this site more than I can say. Prior to joining, I was already reading and it gave me a sense of relief, and the ability to move forward. As I write this, it is 4:15 a.m. I've already been up about an hour and half and this has...
  12. H

    TKR Coming up on 9 weeks...

    Hello All! I am 5 weeks post-op RTKR. If you ask me right now, I would have to say this was probably the worst decision I have made in my life....Pain and stiffness is unbearable during the day and well the nights.....ha! Sleep has now become something in the past for me. Thankfully I found...
Back
Top Bottom