Recent content by harwood

  1. H

    TKR Tissue growing on bone

    Hello and thank you in advance. I had right knee replacement surgery on April 8, 2019. I have discernable knot on fairly high outer aspect of right thigh that prevents me from walking up steps normally. It's just too painful. At rest, it does not hurt. I had left knee done in November...
  2. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Thank you Celle. Such a thoughtful and informative reply.
  3. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Thanks, Celle. PT measured today and I was 54 ROM (94 upon discharge) and negative 2
  4. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Josephine wrote >> Oh, and by the way: using your ottoman is not the correct way to elevate<< Thanks, Josephine. The only practicable place I can sit is on couch with pillows piled on top of comparatively substantial surface area and with bad knee slightly elevated above hip. Would you...
  5. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Does anyone know where I can buy of these? I can never find a comfortable arrangement with my knee on ottoman from couch seat. Plus, it looks good for sleeping too
  6. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Thanks sistersinhim. 11.6.18 left knee total and will need right done later.
  7. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    >>You need a man cave like my husband has.<< Indeed
  8. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Thank you all so much for your invaluable information and timely replies. Special reply message to Mom2Lucy who wrote (and I chuckled): >>Why won’t she allow a comfortable recliner in your house?<< Much to my consternation, her idea of taste and my idea of functionality are not consistent.
  9. H

    TKR automatic or adjustable elevation on couch with ottoman

    Hi - I am new to this forum and was looking for advice. I am six days post left TKR. I have been using an ottoman by couch for elevation during the day while I sit upright in couch. The problem is when I get up from chair I do not have enough strength in my left leg to lift it on to the...
Back
Top Bottom