Recent content by Harryrightknee

  1. Harryrightknee

    TKR 3 weeks and counting

    Hi Eliza61nyc This Monday makes it 5 weeks for me. Right TKR....Sleep just starting to feel good again... I'm about 4-5 hrs I wake up ice, keep elevated, I used my Lounge Dr. In bed last night so my wife could sleep in bed without me having our adj. bed with the foot about 3ft up...lol Yeah...
  2. Harryrightknee

    TKR New to TKR world

    Hi 5531stuart, welcome to the club! I'm 4 weeks post-op on my right TKR, I hobbled on my knee for years, I'm finally just about putting full weight on mine now, everyone will be different, I still catch myself trying to compensate on my left, we have to relearn how to walk again.... Time will...
  3. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Week 4 update- Well Dr. has finally got me on a pain meds that sort of work. 4mg Hydromorphone, no more oxy, better sleeping except for days after PT. I find that I am taking less pain med. Which is good. I got rid of my cheap wedge pillow and picked up the Lounge Dr. with cooling memory...
  4. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Oh, so my Dr. Is right, its "NORMAL" I think that's his favorite word....yeah up right now waiting for pain meds to kick in.... I told my wife, I think they dropped me on the floor during surgery... yeah the ankle and the bone hurts sometimes more than my knee...however I did try some BioFreeze...
  5. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Day 23, Well Dr.'s office finally called me back today to let me know they changed my pain med. to Hydromorphone. So productive day got on my recumbent bike zero resistance, 5 min, 1.4 miles. Did my quad squeeze, glute squeeze, calf squeeze, and a few other very low impact but helpful...
  6. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Small world we live in, 2 years ago I bought my truck from a gentleman in Agency, MO... Yeah just in my town in MA we went from 24 to 46 in a day.... people just gotta stay home...at my PT office me an 2 other workers were the only ones there, and one of them was cleaning and spraying...
  7. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Hi Sara Thanks for the help. Yes restaurants here in Massachusetts are limited to just take out food, no sit down dining. Our restaurant is a single owner 50s diner, I'm the Managing Partner there I created the menu, the owner makes all homemade ice cream. Since the world changed...we've been...
  8. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Ahh, I knew I forgot something, so I do have a new PT starting this Thursday, he checked my ROM today he's happy with with my starting points my extension is at 0 degrees and flexion is at 120 degrees all on my own... Thanks again all! Glad I have found this site! Harry
  9. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    3-24 Went to Dr. To get staples out... I asked him about my ankle pain, he says...NORMAL I told him that I was barely sleeping....NORMAL Then I asked about pain meds and with PT, so he gave me 5 days worth morphine 12hr extended release and refilled my oxy for breakthrough pain Well the...
  10. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    So day 8 now.... Well still doing Ok. But now problem with getting more pain meds....hoyy....Dr. sent in script but now my ins. Says I have to wait a day before I could get it refilled. Now mine you that I just started PT as well. i definitely felt very small in a big world that day...pain was...
  11. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Ok so months go by while awaiting my surgery. Poof! March 9th is here! So relatively by the book surgery Dr. Explained to me just how bad my knee was. So day 2 they had me up walking. So far I thought not too bad. Interrupted sleep for meds. Etc. Day 3 Tough times with BM's but eventually got...
  12. Harryrightknee

    TKR Harry's NEW right knee

    Hi All, Been meaning to get to my version of how my recovery is going. (Long version) It started actually last October my left knee was really hurting so my PC Doc. Referred me to a ortho Dr. We started with the usual stuff xrays, my line of work etc. So a week later he had me back in to look...
  13. Harryrightknee

    IF YOUR SURGERY IS POSTPONED....

    I also have used the Terry Naturally Extra Strength Curamin. At first when my Dr. Said to try it I thought he was a quack... but I started taking it every day, honestly I think it bought me a lot of time before my TKR. When my ortho Dr.. looked at my knee, i was bone on bone. he's said you must...
  14. Harryrightknee

    2020 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Hi All, Wish I had found this forum sooner...I had my right TKR on March 9, 2020. So I'm about 3 weeks post OP right now. I'll start a new thread on my experience so far but here's a before shot...I never realized how bad my knee was before.... Harry
Back
Top Bottom