Recent content by harplayer

  1. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Hello everyone! I'm so grateful for everyone's input and support! I'm sorry that I have not been back to our forum in the last 3 weeks...our daughter-in-law was admitted to hospital for total bed rest because of serious pregnancy complications. She spent 2 very scary weeks in ICU...but...
  2. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Hi Joyfull! So good to hear from you. I think I have 2 weeks of PT starting next week...I have not tried moist heat and massage so think I will inquire about that! I'm so glad your daughter plays harp! It is a beautiful and soothing instrument to play! I love to play mine... Hugs, Harplayer...
  3. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Ok...I will try to include that information...although it may be hard from my mobile device. Thanks Pumpkin for your help and encouragement! Harplayer RTKR 6/4/13 RTHR 11/25/15
  4. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Hi Webbie! Thank you for your reply! I feel just kinda at lose ends...I was having such a successful recovery from the hip replacement and then the PT had me do a movement that we found out later, should never have happened! My biggest worry is that it won't get much better...that this deep achy...
  5. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Thank you Celle! I appreciate any input I can find... Sincerely, Harplayer
  6. harplayer

    Back after long absence

    Hi All. I was an active member back in 2013 after having a RTKR. My recovery was a bit difficult, as my quad muscle on my operated leg never full came around after my surgery and rehab. I was also finding it impossible to sleep laying in a bed without significant pain. Josephine counseled me...
  7. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Yep 1Elisea...I agree...my hip is taking some of the joy away from the new knee...sure is great not having that awful knee pain tho...:-) Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  8. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Thank you Diana! I am so grateful to you, Pumpkin, Bottomswallow, Gazelle...sending hugs of gratitude. Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  9. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Pumpkin...thanks for the tips...I will look forward to chatting with bottomswallow and will start a thread in the hip forum. Thanks again! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  10. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Hi Bonesmart Friends...since my last post I have visited with my surgeon. The new knee is perfect! At your suggestion, I have had imaging of my right hip. It turns out that my hip is not looking so good. We have discovered bone-on-bone arthritis... a cyst in the joint and some significant...
  11. harplayer

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Yeah!!!!! Way to go Joanie!!!!! So happy for you! Isn't it amazing that a year ago today...we were having our surgery!!! I will post my update on my 1 year follow up appointment on my thread later today! Love ya Buddy! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  12. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Will do Diana...thank you! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  13. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    BTW: Is it possible to rename my thread to reflect where I am now in my recovery? My prior posts exist under the tag of "when to switch from walker to a cane"...Is it possible to have this second thread? Just wondering...thanks again! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  14. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Thank you everyone. An x-ray shows a cyst in the bursal sac of my right hip (same side as my TKR)...not sure of next steps. I am very grateful for everyone's quick responses! Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk
  15. harplayer

    Still in pain 10 months post RTK

    Hi BoneSmart Friends, It has been several months since my last post. I am now 10 months post RTKR and I continue to experience pain in my leg and hip. I especially still struggle to sleep laying down in a bed. I still need to sleep in a recliner. I am so discouraged...can anyone help me...
Back
Top Bottom