Recent content by happyhopper

  1. H

    THR Leg length discrepancy

    I have tried to look at the article to determine the LLD, but it is no longer valid. Could you possibly send me an alternative please? Thanks. H
  2. H

    THR Leg length discrepancy

    Hello I had my left THR in September and notice from the X-Rays and how I feel that there is a leg length discrepancy of at least 1cm. I wonder if any one is aware of whether the pelvic tilt can self adjust? Can the muscles of the recently operated leg shrink? If so, how much adjustment can...
  3. H

    THR Hip Capsulitis or Piriformis weakness?

    Hi everyone, I had a hip resurfacing operation in 2009 which was totally unsuitable for me, as I had other un diagnosed muscle issues and the femoral head was causing impingement. In 2012 it was discovered that my glutes didn't synchronise following a sharp fall from my horse in 2006. This...
  4. H

    Revision THR Knee pain 6 weeks post op

    Thanks Chrissie , that's helpful to know the stiffness could continue for a good few months yet. I'll also try striding out for short distances when walking with my crutches. Managed to drive into our nearest town for a hair appointment, so that's another milestone. Next week plan to go to the...
  5. H

    Revision THR Knee pain 6 weeks post op

    Thanks Chrissie. My hip flexors (worse on the operated thigh) are also VERY tight (when doing the Thomas test as a diagnosis). I have just started to do a few minutes of PIR (post isometric relaxation) with both hips on the end of the bed but the flexors are now quite sore, despite being very...
  6. H

    Revision THR Knee pain 6 weeks post op

    Thanks for your reply Rhonda. Was yours a knee op? Mine was a hip op which is why I am asking about my knee problem. My hip surgeon didn't want me to go to a therapist for at least 6 weeks and I can understand why, as some of them can be quite aggressive whilst the initial bone healing is...
  7. H

    Revision THR Knee pain 6 weeks post op

    I had my right hip resurfacing revised to a THR on 16th September. My progress is slow and I am very stiff but my surgeon wanted me to take things slowly. Occasionally, before the op, I had pain on the inside of my right knee when I lay on my right side. The left knee touching the inside of...
  8. H

    I am terrified for the first time

    Thanks for your response Cryinsham. Boy, this surgeon is doing a lot of surgeries!! From your comments is he doing a lot of revisions of the Stryker Rejuvenate? I have just googled Stryker AG rejuvenate and there is an entry under WWW.Ury&Moscow.com saying that the Rejuvenate modular hip system...
  9. H

    I am terrified for the first time

    I still question the number of revisions that this surgeon has supposedly done!! Over 300 revisions a year is just not achievable when doing primaries as well. A good hip revision surgeon, who patients specifically seek out for revisions, would be doing maximum of 50 hip revisions a year. I...
  10. H

    Hip Resurfacing New hip on September 23

    Thanks for your reply Dan. Just wondered who your surgeon is and how many resurfacings he has done. If you look at 2 of the most experienced hip resurfacing surgeons in the worlds websites, www.mcminncentre.co.uk/rehabilitation and ww.grossortho.com/forms/V1 others/Phase 1 hip both of these...
  11. H

    Hip Resurfacing New hip on September 23

    You making me feel quite tired with all your exercise!! Has your surgeon agreed to all this PT?
Back
Top Bottom