Recent content by HappyHen

  1. H

    Knee Infection* So Much Pain (WhyMePlease)

    About the massage - I noticed a significant reduction in knee swelling after I began massaging my knees, as proper massage techniques should gradually move the fluids out of the knee joint area and up towards the upper body, where it can absorbed by (I think) the limbic system. MA certified PT...
  2. H

    Knee Infection* So Much Pain (WhyMePlease)

    Turmeric (other known as curcumin) is a natural anti-inflammatory that has lots of reputable scientific research behind it, extolling is benefit in reducing inflammation over time. (My cancer doctor recommends it for many patients because its powerful anti-inflammatory properties have been...
  3. H

    Knee Infection* So Much Pain (WhyMePlease)

    Another thing I did to ease my pain was to get a creme that alot of PTs use. The creme is called Free-Up. It is a professional massage cream. I bought it off of Amazon, but alot of dedicated drug stores also carry it. Anyway, I got my PT to show me how to properly massage my knees. Proper...
  4. H

    Knee Infection* So Much Pain (WhyMePlease)

    I had both knees replaced (bilateral torture) 10 months ago. You are right about the pain, and the need to stay ahead of it. But the problem is that the federal government (DEA) is on these doctor’s case relentlessly about their distribution of opioids like oxy and hydrocodone. Doctors can...
  5. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    RockyBones, yes I was active before my bilateral TKR. I ran/walked marathons, half marathons, and even an annual 100 mile race with bone on bone arthritis in my knees for 7 years before I finally had my surgery. (That SOUNDS worse than it really was - I got rooster shots to lubricate my knee...
  6. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    It is three months already… They say you are about 80% to 90% recovered at 12 weeks post-surgery. Well, that is what the licensed Physical Therapists on You Tube videos say. My knees ARE doing alot better. To celebrate my anniversary, I went to the gym and walked 5 miles on their indoor...
  7. H

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    My legs today, exactly 2 months after my surgery:
  8. H

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    The pic above is 4 days after surgery, when my knees are still bandaged.
  9. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    I am doing great! My PT measured my knee bend: it is 138 for my left knee and 132 for my right knee. He is very pleased. My PT has never given the degree to which I can flatten the knee a number, at least not to me, but he says it is great. I can reach the table with the back of my knee if I...
  10. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    Because I live 200 miles from where I had my surgery, I cannot use my surgeon’s own, in-house Physical Therapists. But when my surgeon and his nurse practitioner found out about my hometown PT using a 2-pound weight on me, they were livid! They had their chief PT therapist call my hometown PT...
  11. H

    TKR Nightowlblues recovery musings

    Nightowlblues, You don’t know me. I just found this site yesterday. I have spent the last 15 minutes or so, reading your thread since your first post months ago. But I wish you the best going into surgery tomorrow morning. You learned alot with your right knee. Hopefully, that will help...
  12. H

    TKR Ice Machine Recommendation?

    My surgeon routinely prescribes an ice machine for his knee replacement patients. If your wife is in the United States, and she has regular Medicare as her primary insurance, Medicare WILL pay for the ice machine IF the doctor orders it as part of their treatment protocol. If you must pay out...
  13. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    Sorry, but I do not have a pic of the left knee, at least not one without bandages on.
  14. H

    Bilateral TKR Colleen’s Bilateral TKR Marathon

    This is my right incision, 7 weeks after surgery.
Back
Top Bottom