Recent content by HandyWOMAN

  1. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement It's Finally Time to do This

    Because you have been doing what you're saying you do, and you don't say you had injuries to your shoulder. I'm wondering why you need the Reverse Shoulder Replacement? I was fit & was/am building my own house. I made my living with 45+ yrs of home building, and have dislocated my...
  2. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement FLforumuser's Recovery Thread

    I agree with taking it slow at just 2 weeks out(which I think PT is to be slower for a reverse?). I know from a broken leg, the bone it's self doesn't begin to lay down new bone until around 3 1/2 weeks! To lock the "stuff" in place. Don't want to loosen anything in there. Hopefully they're...
  3. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Shoulder Therapy Complete

    Glad you graduated. It sure is nice to be able to use your shoulder again, almost forgetting what it was like!
  4. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Done 11/23. Getting scared, possible nerve damage?

    OK, This will be my last post. As it's been 5 months since the surgery. I had my last PT appointment about 2 weeks ago, after a 2 week break. He was so happy with where I was. "I said, I just NEEDED that nerve for lower arm rotation to work!" I can do just about anything, but the arm is...
  5. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement What next? Home Alone?

    Welcome. I just went through a TSR alone, as in, in hospital at 5:30am & home by 4pm, & had lots of animals/plants to care for. My 1st post or 2 have some of the things I did, or found out later. One of the things that helped me the most that I read, was "trying" to do things with only the...
  6. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Celle's Reverse Shoulder Replacement

    Wow, Never heard of ischial tuberosity and greater trochanter! I sit all the time on rock. My house is mostly flagstone with moss cracks I'm always weeding. I wear the seat out of about 6 pairs of pants a summer. Guess, I'll start using the pads I got, but never use. Take care of teh at toe...
  7. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Done 11/23. Getting scared, possible nerve damage?

    I guess it's a good idea not to try the bra in the back at all, for most of us! Odd that even after 3+ yrs, I find myself doing it that way, & have to start over..... I got the reaching to the back of hip, late. PT didn't want me doing that much, too early. Didn't have me doing anything for...
  8. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement 907Nancy's TSR recovery

    I had nerve damage. It had to do with the lower arm. I had the hand fine. It did come back, but for me took a LONG time. At first I couldn't even bend my lower arm up at the elbow from flat, laying at my side. I have total nerve damage on my primary arm from a table saw. So know the feeling...
  9. HandyWOMAN

    THR Worried about Limp PostOp

    I think it’s just that my muscles aren’t strong enough yet, I dunno. I talked to my PT about the atrophy that happens so bad, so fast. He told me, "they" did a experiment where they made super fit Football players stay in bed for 2 weeks. After that they could barely walk!!! Everything...
  10. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Celle's Reverse Shoulder Replacement

    Nice to know about Toy hybrids. I have 2 Tacomas. One is older only 60K, has a factory hitch & I put extra leaf springs, but banged it up more than some, bought too early, before I sold construction F250. Knee started doing weird things, bad pain in RT after an hour. So for long distance drives...
  11. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Done 11/23. Getting scared, possible nerve damage?

    "djklaugh, @HandyWOMAN I've noticed that even several years after my Left shoulder replacement I still can get more ROM from it. It has always been a bit "slower" than the right shoulder probably because I'm right side dominant. And I also think having the shoulders replaced made each arm a...
  12. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement What is the source of pain?

    The shoulder is so complicated. Almost totally depends on the support/strength of the ligaments/tendons/muscles to work right. It feels/senses pain, & compensates some where else, if it can. I used my shoulders VERY hard(built houses for 45+ yrs). So with me, I only felt pain/heard(Snap crack...
  13. HandyWOMAN

    Standard Shoulder Replacement Done 11/23. Getting scared, possible nerve damage?

    Update: This is more for people who come after me, for timing. Week 16. Wake up stiff, but, I can do just about everything. So working in the yard. A lot of weeding using the TSR LF hand (nerve damage RT hand, for little finger tip control). So doing lots of light weight repetitive reaching...
  14. HandyWOMAN

    Reverse Shoulder Replacement Celle's Reverse Shoulder Replacement

    Glad you are now driving. AH, I could see having to wait with a manual. I had to give them up once I started with full-sized pickups & towing horses. Sounds like your over doing it, just was too much(like a hard PT work out?) , but didn't hurt anything? It just hard to do much PT the next...
Back
Top Bottom