Recent content by GyHel

  1. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    I had a very good therapy today sans straight leg lifts per your helpful direction. 97 deg. knee flex, on my way to 120 deg. Doing good with straight leg. I can actually get in and out of the car (gingerly) without putting my seat all the way back and opening the door ALL THE WAY! Still...
  2. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you. That is very helpful.
  3. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you for the clarification. It’s reassuring to have positive feedback - and thank you for marrying my feed to my previous posts. I think you provided something for me to watch so I can learn how to do this by myself? I’m old, a slow learner, but willing to try.
  4. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    I’m now two weeks out. Cleared to use my cane. Had my dressing removed and my ‘team’ is happy with my progress. I was advised no dental work, even a teeth cleaning, for NINE months. Of course emergencies can happen and decisions made to handle them at the time. Derm appts can still be made...
  5. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you. I see my Dr. on Friday morning to get my dressing off. I will check with them too, and I’ve also heard a patient must take antibiotics before a dental appointment within a certain period of time of a procedure? Like four tablets at a time the day before? I have had a wonderful...
  6. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Nice to know. I’m not having any difficulties sleeping thankfully, so it’s really nice to know I can try my favorite side sleeping position.
  7. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    That helps - thank you. I sure LOVE my ice!
  8. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Good info. I’ve tried a little and it scared me I might be ‘jumping the gun’ so I thought I’d ask.
  9. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    You are sooooo right! I am sooooo happy to have this surgery behind me. I was going to keep a dermatology appointment in early Oct, but a friend encouraged me to put it off so soon after major surgery in case I needed something done to ‘break my skin’. Also, a LOOOOONG drive to get there...
  10. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you! She too, is a ‘seasoned’ family member, who is loved!
  11. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Doesn’t that stiffen you up? I’m finding one thing that helped me and I can do it in bed, my therapist suggested I put something under my foot (heel) with my leg straight and just relax my leg. It was pretty uncomfortable at first but I did it in little increments. Now it’s not even...
  12. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you. I was being very stupid and DID learn that hard lesson. I’ve slowed down and am using lots of ice. I’ve been able to walk two days in a row, perhaps a little more than 1/4 mile. It gives me fresh air and good practice trying to walk properly. I’m still on Tylenol every six...
  13. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    Thank you. I’m learning. . .
  14. G

    PKR Bransonkiwi Partial Knee Replacement

    I had a PKR robotically a week ago yesterday on my left knee. I was diagnosed with an Osteochondral Lesion and a meniscus tear a year ago this month with absolutely NO prior history of knee problems. I’m old - nearly 76, and have had BOTH my hips replaced (best thing I ever did) 11 years ago )...
Back
Top Bottom