Recent content by Gunu_21

  1. Gunu_21

    TKR Recovery Week 7 - June 9.2021

    Hi Moone, I have been reading your thread.I have similar issues to you regarding walking as I feel my knee buckling , so I still use my crutches but I have started walking without them at home for short spells but i walk slowly without walker or crutches and make sure I have furniture or walls...
  2. Gunu_21

    TKR Outpatient PT and Mask Anxiety

    I also go for outpatient physio and here in the Netherlands the physiotherapist wears a mask and patients are allowed and encouraged to not wear a mask while exercising as it is important to breathe well. The first day I insisted on wearing a mask but as I felt breathless while exercising with...
  3. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    Yes, thank you , I am glad that he is a good one . I was a bit sceptical before meeting him .
  4. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    So further in my recovery yesterday I had my first outpatient physiotherapy session. The physiotherapist was a very experienced Rehab specialist and he also had an intern with him . He was really compassionate and funny. He assessed my knee and told me I had done very well indeed without an in...
  5. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    @ Jamie, thanks for your advice and feedback . I have been in touch with my physiotherapist at one step on the app. Each day I do the exercises I send a detailed feedback on what I could and couldn't do and they always modify the exercises accordingly. I think one step is a great programme. I do...
  6. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    @ Jockette , you are right , I observed my walking stance and indeed I was holding to the walker too tight so I have now stopped doing that. You know little tips by all the people who have gone through the same experience and have faced similar issues are one of the reasons I joined bonesmart as...
  7. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    @ Jockette, I am already following one step programme , it's going well but because I have tennis elbows and both my wrists hurt because of using the walker , I thought two times a week outpatient physical therapy with equipments at the PT place like stationary cycle etc might help in...
  8. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    I am 6.5 weeks post op. My recovery is slow and I have accepted it .Last week at 5.5 weeks I could finally do straight leg lifts after trying everything. I read in a FB forum that a lady had asked someone to just put two fingers underneath her ankles while she tried doing supine leg lifts so I...
  9. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    Hi , further to my recovery , I am now 4 weeks post op , I told my PT that I am taking a break for a week as aunty Flo is visiting last Wednesday . The Physio told me last session that he wants to mobilize my knee by massage as that is the only way to get more bend and it won't happen without...
  10. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim thanks for all the pointers , I shall keep this in mind from now and will start icing more often.
  11. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    Hi, thanks a lot everyone for replying to me. Further to my story, today I am exactly three weeks post-op. Got my stitches out on 16th June, my incision had drops of blood when they cut them and they put steri strips on my incision. My knee is swollen and not completely closed yet. I am having...
  12. Gunu_21

    TKR Gunu_21's Recovery Thread

    Hi , I had my total knee replacement surgery on June 2nd , I am still having trouble lifting my leg though I can walk with the aid of the walker but my knee really hurts a lot and there is still a lot of swelling which impedes my bending for physiotherapy. I feel I am really lagging behind in my...
  13. Gunu_21

    2021 June Sunbeams - Are you having knee surgery in June?

    Hi , I had my total knee replacement surgery on June 2nd.
Back
Top Bottom