Recent content by GTab

  1. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Thanks, @Schaargi. That is encouraging. What type of procedure did you have, if I can ask?
  2. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Hi, All. It’s been almost 7 months. My replaced left hip feels great- no pain. Very flexible. However, I’m having difficulty with my outer thigh muscle of surgery leg. It seems to hurt more now than the first 5 months. I favor my left side so much. Going up stairs really hurts; I have to take...
  3. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Hi, All! Doing well. No more pain and sleeping sooo much better than pre-surgery. I’m still working on the limp and strengthening the attached muscle. I had a lateral approach, not posterior as I originally reported. Best wishes to others :)
  4. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Okay-will do. Thanks!
  5. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Hi! Yes-finding the balance of overdoing it and getting frustrated is tough. I want to get rid of this limp! I need to be more patient. Loving the lack of pain, though. Hope you’re doing well :)
  6. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Hi, if you could please rename GTab Recovery. Thanks, again.
  7. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Yes- makes sense. Thanks.
  8. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    Hi- All :) I’m 4 weeks out and doing well with PT. Can I add recumbent cycling with no resistance? The reason I ask, is peddling raises my knee above my hip, So.... I see my surgeon next week-just curious with others’ experience. Thanks!
  9. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    @Layla & @Mojo333 - thanks for the warm welcome! Yes, as for movement, looser is a better word. And makes sense because of the swelling going down. I read the links, and am going to dial back just a smidge. Happy Weekend!
  10. GTab

    THR GTab Recovery

    I just found this forum! What great information. I had my left hip replaced on Sept 4, so Week 4. It was a posterior approach with significant muscle attachment due to fatty atrophy. It was an outpatient procedure, went in at 8AM and was home at 3PM. Used a walker for about a week and now use a...
Back
Top Bottom