Recent content by Grayson04

  1. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    Hi guys, been back at work and feeling good. I'm getting strength back every day. My question is, when I walk fast, I have popping in my knees. People I'm walking with can hear my knees! It doesn't hurt, just weird. Does anyone else have this? Is it normal? Will it go away?
  2. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    I have a question about my BTKR. Before my knees were hyperextended and now they are not. Before when I stood up straight, my back arched more than normal. Now that my back is straighter and my gait is different, I'm having back pain. It's not much, just enough to feel. My question to the pros...
  3. Grayson04

    TKR Post Op 5 months, Gait, Buttock/hamstring spasms

    3 weeks after my BTKR surgery, I woke up with a HUGE knot in my buttock and was more miserable than my knee surgery! My toes and feet were numb and aching pain that kept me from getting comfortable in any position. It took a few weeks to work knot out but I was able to get a cortisone shot in my...
  4. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR 1 year later still stiffness?

    I was told that nerve damage repair takes a long long time.
  5. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR TechGranny Recovery Thread<

    I had knots in my muscles around my knee, along my thigh and down the side of calf. If you can rub these out gently great. My PT used deep tissue massage method but the best solution was a professional massage therapist about 6 weeks out. He really knew what he was doing and worked so many of...
  6. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Ok, I've had my bilateral!

    Had bilateral knee replacement February 6 and have gone back to work after 8 weeks at home. At week 7 I wasn't confident I could do it, but each week I get better. I'm tired at end of the day, but haven't had trouble with swelling so that's good. Main advise I can give is, don't try to do too...
  7. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    I have heard I need new shoes. Thanks for the reminder.
  8. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    @Cella thanks for the link. It explains a lot.
  9. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Debs 2 new knees<

    @DebM There aren't many of us BTKR's here on this site. Wondering how you are doing? I'm 5 weeks out tomorrow.
  10. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    My surgeon said 8 weeks minimal since I didn't have any disability. My boss has been generous enough to let me take off and still get paid 80% so I need to try. I probably will be able to shorten my hours and days.
  11. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    Another question I preface this with, I know everyone is different. I have 3 weeks left on my leave from work (8total). Knees are doing super. I want to ask about stamina and energy. I try to go out once a day to out of the house. It goes well but then I'm pooped. Sometimes even taking a shower...
  12. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    Thank you guys. Been offline for awhile but did get to a back doctor that gave me a cortisone shot in my back. By that afternoon, it seemed to have lessened and has continued throughout this week. My toes are still a little numb but I'm not disabled and miserable. I also went to PT and they...
  13. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    I'm hoping to get in to orthopedist tomorrow and maybe get a shot to calm muscle down some. As far as these stretches, my knees aren't quite ready for those positions THANK YOU LADIES
  14. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    HELP SOMEONE! I have a knot in my bum check that I think is pressing on my sciatic nerve. I think I got into a sleeping position the other night that caused this knot. Today my bum hurts, pain down my leg and numbish toes. I can't find any relief. I can't sit, stand or lay anyway to relieve...
  15. Grayson04

    Bilateral TKR Light at the end of the tunnel

    Thanks everyone. I have reached 118 and 116 rom and walking without my walker mostly. Getting a cane for my Friday PT appt. Swelling is virtually gone along with the bruising. I can take one outing a day (doctors or to my mom's) and rest/ice the rest of the day. My husband has struggled since...
Back
Top Bottom