Recent content by Grandma B

  1. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    Thank you lady’s for you’re advise, as always I feel so much better and glad there are others who have gone through it and are leading normal active lives now! Which gives me hope and something to look forward to. Just hate those dark days that come out of no where and especially the holidays...
  2. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    Today the depression got the best of me I just can’t stop feeling so hopeless, just sitting with an ice pack and crying my eyes out feelin sorry for myself, it’s so hard to do anything, I can’t imagine ever being back to normal all I see is struggling trying to walk for the rest of my life ...
  3. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    They have the same program for everyone in there, it’s like robots doing the same routine, no mater if you just started out new or you’re a couple months along we follow the same routine! :tiredwheel: They are constantly checking on where you should be at on there schedual , I’m definetly...
  4. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    My PT follows a scheduale and he is trying to transition me to a cane, but it feels so unsteady I’m not comfortable with it, I don’t feel secure walking with it I feel like I’ll fall, I will stick to the walker until I feel comfortable that I’ll not fall, kneeper you are right about the...
  5. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    @Celle I feel so much better with you’re advise , my PT keeps trying to get me off the walker and there is nothing more than I would rather do but, my leg doesn’t feel like I could let go I’m trying and I know I’m not there yet to just let go! Im so happy you said there’s no rush , when I read...
  6. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    I was wondering is it normal if you stand for a while for you’re legs to hurt and start to feel like logs ? I’ve been pushing myself to do more I’m holding on to counter tops and anything along the way to walk! It’s still hard to let go even though I’m slowly doing it (baby steps) and also in PT...
  7. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    To all the wonderful ladies at BoneSmart who have helped me through this rough time of healing , listening to me vent at times that drove me to tears when I tried to be brave and felt like I was feeling sorry for my self as my husband put it! I want to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and a very...
  8. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    @Celle thank you ! It felt good to know pretty soon I’ll be better ! Keep on wishing it’s going to be soon!
  9. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    @SusieShoes thank you!!! I feel so good
  10. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    SusieShoes wouldn’t it be great if we could have a reunion! That would be amazing! I don’t think there would be a large enough place to hold it haha!!!:rotfl: We would certainly make the news , maybe that would open up the eyes of the OS and P T what works instead of pushing and pulling making...
  11. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    I am so blessed to have found such wonderful people to turn to when I get so discouraged that I don’t think there will ever be an end to this! Thank you for always pulling me through! I’m usually s happy person and it shows at work I always try to encourage and help my team mates , when there is...
  12. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    @sistersinhim thank you so much for such encouragement, I really needed to see that, it’s hard to visualize that there is a light at the end of the tunnel! You are a blessing.:nativity:
  13. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    This was suppose to be the golden years ! Now it’s doctors, surgery, pain! What happen to the milk and honey? We grew up during the Vietnam war so times were unsettling then to but it seem it got worse now with the never ending war overseas all the poor young people going over and the terror...
  14. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    @AnnieC - hi I just can’t help it! It seems like I’m trapped and not getting anywhere soon, I know it takes time but I’m getting miserable not getting to do what I want! I never thought I would say I miss house work haha!! I recently stoped working and thought life is going to be good ! Oh boy...
  15. Grandma B

    TKR Grandma B's Recovery Thread

    Celle and SusieShoes thank you so much for you’re advise, I really appreciate and take it to heart, going through this rough time is taking it’s toll on my sanity . So thankful for having this site to vent and get great advice and feel better about where I am at this part of this long journey.
Back
Top Bottom