Recent content by Grammy57

  1. G

    TKR Your reasons for getting TKR

    Are the links for paid members only? I am unable to access them.
  2. G

    Hand carpal tunnel syndrome and finger spasms

    I am back. I see the surgeon tomorrow to get my stitches out. I am feeling good but disappointed. I chose this surgeon because the PA said it would be transposition and not just release. When I saw the surgeon, minutes before surgery, he know nothing about it being transposition and had me down...
  3. G

    Hand carpal tunnel syndrome and finger spasms

    It's been a crazy two weeks. I finally was able to see the Dr for a second opinion on the day we left to go see our son and his family for Thanksgiving. He lives about 10 hours away. The Dr said he agreed that I needed surgery but he was only going to do cubital tunnel release, not...
  4. G

    Hand carpal tunnel syndrome and finger spasms

    @mendogal Do you think I need to tell the surgeon even though the dental work will be done almost 3 weeks before the surgery? Thanks
  5. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    I saw the second opinion Dr again today. He had ordered an MRI and X-rays. The last time I saw him, he said surgery would not help. That was also my first appointment with him. This time he said I could have surgery if the pain gets worse but he thinks that the longer I can wait the better off I...
  6. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    I see the other surgeon tomorrow. The one that did not recommend surgery. I will see what he has to say. He ordered an MRI of both cervical and thoracic spine and X-rays which will be done there just before I see him. I am waiting to see what he says before making any other decisions. The pain...
  7. G

    Hand carpal tunnel syndrome and finger spasms

    Well, I went to see the surgeon but only saw the PA who immediately scheduled surgery for both the carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel issues. These are scheduled for 12/05 with general anesthesia. I'm nervous that I never got to talk to the surgeon so I made a second opinion appointment. Since...
  8. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    @benne68 That's a good idea. He did say that right now the benefits do not outweigh the risks. The first neurosurgeon said I could have the surgery whenever I was ready. I have an appointment for my hand on Friday and will go from there. Thank you.
  9. G

    Hand carpal tunnel syndrome and finger spasms

    When I told the spine surgeon about my fingers spasming he sent me for and NCS/EMG. The results say moderate carpal tunnel and ulnar nerve impingement. I've tried to look up spasms associated with this and cannot find anything. Is this common? I have an appointment to see a hand specialist at...
  10. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    Well, I had the EMG/NCS done last week. I had a zoom appointment with the spine doctor today. He says that I have moderate to severe carpal tunnel and cubital tunnel syndrome. He said that he thinks surgery to release those nerves will help my arm/hand issues but not my back. But, he says at...
  11. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    @NightQuilter I think that is why the first surgeon is recommending the laminectomy and the 2nd is still deciding but had mentioned laminectomy also. Somewhere in the report from the myelogram spondylolisthesis was mentioned. I took the measurements to mean how much the vertebrae was actually...
  12. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    @NightQuilter thank you. I knew when I asked that it would only be your opinion from experience and observation. I just read my MRI report and it says I have uncovertebral joint hypertrophy at C7/T1. I was told that the x-ray shows dynamic instability at the C7/T1 level and anterolisthesis at...
  13. G

    Spine 3 level ACDF recovery

    @NightQuilter Thank you. They are only talking about 1 level C7/T1. I had 3 levels done not quite 3 years ago and wedges put in 2 years ago. They say it is sliding there. I have a CD of the MRI but not a report. I can request one, I suppose. The Dr does not have a patient portal (the one who...
Back
Top Bottom