Recent content by Grammy Ann

  1. Grammy Ann

    TKR Macknit's recovery thread

    One of the PT's showed me how to work on flexion on my own. I put my knee straight up in the air and then very slowly and gently bend it as the leg comes down. When it hurts, I stop, use my hands to straighten my leg and try again. No one is pushing on it and I can stop anytime it hurts even...
  2. Grammy Ann

    TKR Right TKR, Broken Knee Cap, Shredded Tendon, Left TKR

    I am reading a lot more of the posts on this site and see that you really do recommend going easy on yourself exercise-wise. Especially in the area of building strength. I think that I need to go read post-op reviews of those who have followed that advice with a second TKR. Just curious how...
  3. Grammy Ann

    TKR Right TKR, Broken Knee Cap, Shredded Tendon, Left TKR

    The left knee is being replaced on January 2.
  4. Grammy Ann

    TKR Right TKR, Broken Knee Cap, Shredded Tendon, Left TKR

    The right TKR was done on June 11, 2019. The PT that I worked with in the beginning found that extension was 0 by five days. I am naturally very limber and it just happened. I did do the exercise with the rolled up towel underneath the knee and then push down but it was easy. They did show...
  5. Grammy Ann

    TKR Right TKR, Broken Knee Cap, Shredded Tendon, Left TKR

    I am kind of both pre-op and post-op. I have had problems with knee pain for many years. The only treatment offered was to draw off the water and shoot me with cortisone which I declined. I am kind of a health nut and don't like taking/using any meds that are not absolutely needed. Also...
  6. Grammy Ann

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2019 Knee Recovery Club

    I want to be added to the list too! How do I do that?!
Back
Top Bottom