Recent content by Gottamove

  1. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Dr Patel, inventor of the Jiffy Knee method, did it at Obici
  2. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Copied from my Facebook page. Jiffy Knee progress post: Today is day 18 post surgery. Several people have asked for an update. Here is my honest good/bad/ugly info: I have had 2 days of pain. I did not account for the nerve block wearing off on day 2. Pain surprised me. It was quickly handled...
  3. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Thank you. I am at the point where I’m afraid to post any updates. I posted when I had my other knee done and found it valuable to go back and see what my recovery was like. I was hoping to use this the same journal type way. I think I won’t post further updates. Good luck all
  4. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    The nerve block wore off on day 2. That was a rough day. Day 4 I had a follow up with surgeon. That made day 5 a rough day ...2 hour car ride to his office. 2 hour in office wait. 2 hour car ride home...a lot of time with knee down. Other than that I can honestly tell you that the pain is...
  5. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    It is fairly different. It's called the Jiffy knee.
  6. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    I was very comfortable with drilling for the hour. Not so much movement with that. Just hit the ball back. PT the day before really worked me. It was more like an hour with a personal trainer than pt. I know that’s not the recommended way. It was her way though.
  7. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Pickleball this morning. An hour of drills and one “sorta” game.
  8. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    You are absolutely correct. That’s not right. I apologize. I know I was 7 degrees from straight when lying on the table. With the Pt pressing on it she could get it to 3 degrees from straight. No pain today. None. Have had plenty the last few days. Swelling is present but moderate. Bruising is...
  9. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    107 extension. 115 flex. 8 min on recumbent bike. (Pt apt 2. 6 days post op) clearly this is wrong. corrected below
  10. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Day 5. Too tired from day 4 travel to/from dr and long wait to see him to do much. One thing you never see mentioned in the jiffy knee site is pain and swelling. I’m here to tell you that those two things are the same regardless of the procedure. You get moving earlier. Pain comes on same schedule
  11. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Day 4. Dr check up day. Bandages off. No exterior stitches. No staples. Can get wet. Can drive. No restrictions other than go slow and be smart.
  12. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Today is day 3. First in office PT. (Did not have home health or in home PT). Therapist could not believe I had only had surgery on Friday. I can climb stairs one foot over the other. I can walk without cane/walker/crutch. I have a lot of swelling and bruising today as would be expected...
  13. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    You’re right. Slow and steady no matter the procedure I’ve got this
  14. Gottamove

    TKR So I did it. Jiffy knee!

    Had outpatient left TKR at 10 am. I am home now. (1.5 hour ride to/from hospital). I anguished over the jiffy knee decision. In the end insurance made the decision for me. This was approved and nothing else was. I had right TKR 5 years ago with great results. Jiffy knee, though, is amazing! If I...
  15. Gottamove

    TKR Success story

    I am sorry for your loss
Back
Top Bottom