The pain runs from the hip joint almost to the knee, in the front of the thigh but slightly to the outside. It is different than the pain back in Sept. 15. I don't know how to bring up that chart otherwise I would use it to illustrate.
Thanks for the reply
It has been over a year since I have posted. My operative hip has been doing well with one exception. When I lean forward or place all my wait on my operative leg, after releasing the wait, I get a shooting pain in the front of my thigh until I start moving again and it goes away. This has...
OK, so I am over a year out now. Still improving. Any pain I feel is attributable to soft tissue. My os agrees with that because the X-rays are great. I began a stretching routine for the legs and hips which seems to help a lot. The OS said not to restrict myself when it comes to muscle...
I am now 8 mos out and I see improvement. I think the healing is very gradual and patience is the key. I still feel some pain when walking. Walking seems to aggravate the hip more than anything. I'm not sure why that is but it seems contrary to what I've heard from my OS and on this site...
Hi everyone. It's been 7 months now. I've tried to follow all the advice I received during my last post. I've limited myself to walking about 20-25 minutes at a time, 3 times per week and playing some golf with riding cart. Still having some pain (3-5) in front and occasional side pain...
You were all correct. I cut out the exercise and now take short walks. Icing helps as well. The OS said my x-rays look good. I did not do any damage to the new parts. He concluded that I was damaging soft tissue with all the activity and also suggested just walking until further healing...
Thanks everyone for the input. I was obviously doing too much which is what the OS warned me about. The problem is that sitting or reclining makes it very stiff. What do you all do to stay limber yet not over do things? I will back off all the exercise and let you know if things improve...
Sorry, I started another thread with the same message before I realized you moved my first one. You can delete my second thread.
I guess you have confirmed what I was thinking that I may be doing too much. I will cut back and see what happens.
I am 3 1/2 months post op and having similar pain in the front of the operative right hip. Mine was posterior RTHR using Stryker ceramic ball with plastic cup. I have been doing some stretching of quads and hamstrings plus side leg raises etc to strengthen the hip muscles. Also recumbent bike...
I am 3½ months post op and having similar pain in the same area. Mine was posterior RTHR using Stryker ceramic ball with plastic cup. I also have been doing some stretching of quads and hamstrings plus side leg raises etc to strengthen the hip muscles. Also recumbent bike and elliptical work...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.