Recent content by Golfguy

  1. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    All, It's now been 4 months since my surgery, and about two months since my last post. Here is a quick update. The Good: Extension at 0 degrees ROM at 135 degrees Can walk as much as I want. Walked 5 miles without stopping on Saturday Back to walking all 18 holes on the golf course...
  2. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Very funny Jaycey! And all too true...
  3. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    All, Just a quick cautionary tale for everyone recovering from TKR, and one the moderators have heard a thousand times. I've felt pretty good about the way my recovery has been going. Yesterday I did my morning walk, did a 20 min (easy) Peloton ride, and hit golf balls at the range for 35-40...
  4. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    All, Here is a 6 week update of my progress. I'll do it in the same fashion as my 3 week: The Good: Extension at 0 degrees ROM at 120 degrees Walk for about 20-25 min twice a day (Turtles no longer pass me but I'm still not setting any land speed records) Began driving at 4 weeks (in my...
  5. G

    TKR Work after TKR

    I went back to work at the 4 week mark for 4-5 hours a day. But I only need to sit at a desk by myself working on a computer, with no group meetings or anything like that. It's OK. Have to get up and walk around every 45-50 min or the knee gets really stiff from being bent at 70-90 degrees for...
  6. G

    TKR 1 year anniversary, continued pain, seeking 2nd opinion

    One of the hardest parts of driving after TKR is actually getting into the car! Having it be the right knee is even harder (in the US) for two reasons. First, you need to get your right leg swung all the way into the car. Second, you're actually using this leg to drive, and there needs to be...
  7. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Vsing, I can tell you from my first TKR that the collapsing knee and the tight band feeling are both normal and will go away with time. YI have them both right now. Good news is that you can keep increasing ROM while the tight band feeling is there
  8. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Thanks JennyLynne! I am in awe of you when I look at how many replacement surgeries you have had. Hope the recover on the latest TKR is going well.
  9. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Just a quick update. I hit the three week mark since surgery. I can tell everyone that the first week was terrible, the second week was a little better, and this week is when I feel like things started to turn a corner. The Good: Extension at 0 degrees ROM at 95 degrees Walking without any...
  10. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Thank you Golfer1! Makes sense that it's the quad muscle atrophy, and maybe some recovery from the tourniquet pain added in. Hope you are out on the Robert Trent Jones Golf Trail!
  11. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Sistersinhim, Much appreciated! Makes a lot of sense given how much trauma in the area. Thanks
  12. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Billmo, I played 6 holes in a cart 8.5 weeks after surgery (Heat wave in Feb in Phila in 2017. It hit 70 degrees). Knee felt fine but my surgeon was less than happy with me. Did not go after any swing but was no pain on the swings. It swelled a little after playing and I had to ice it up but...
  13. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    Thanks everyone. I have a quick question - Why does the knee that was operated on feel like it could randomly "collapse" or buckle when walking? It can happen multiple times, or not at all, on any of my 10 min walks. I never feel in danger of falling, but I do have to catch myself. The same...
  14. G

    TKR 2nd TKR on May 7

    All, I had a TKR on my left knee on May 7. This is my second TKR, as I had one on my right knee in Dec 2016. I was lucky in that one of the first people in PA to be able to get an elective orthopedic procedure in the first week that PA opened back up for elective surgeries after the...
  15. G

    TKR Severe swelling 14 months out

    All, I wanted to provide an update on my situation in the hopes that it might help someone else on this forum. A quick re-cap: I had a TKR on the right knee in Dec 2016. Everything went well until around Nov 2017, when I started having major swelling on a regular basis, with no apparent...
Back
Top Bottom