Recent content by GolferNut

  1. GolferNut

    THR 6 months post-op, still can’t walk unaided without limp'

    Hi Krista...you may recall we talked a while back. I had the medius sergery last August prior to my THR. Well I'm 4 months out from the THR and have been cleared to play golf...next to my granddaughter that's my passion!! I still have some residual weakness and pain after playing but it seems to...
  2. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    @Nana757.....I was cleared to play golf a week ago today. Started hitting range balls and after the initial fear of damaging my new hip passed I've actually started striking the ball pretty good. Have a little pain afterwards but overall quite pleased. THR afterlife getting better everyday. FORE!!
  3. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    I'm shooting for first half April. I'll post back after that. Thx for the encouragement!!
  4. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    Thx. I'm 8 weeks out now and feel like I could hit a wedge....easy!! All my pain is on the outside of my hip. I had lateral replacement so guess that's expected. If you don't mind what was yours? I've read articles that the biggest issue for golfers post op is getting over on the left side (for...
  5. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    @Krista..I actually read that article before my surgery. Sounds like you're in good hands! When are you having your procedure? I don't ck this board that often but would be interested in following your progress. Wishing you the best of luck!!
  6. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    Not a problem Krista. The sutures were on the muscle. The inflammation was on the suture anchor points at both ends of the tear. Not sure why theses points became inflamed but what he told me he did was trim the sutures at both ends. It worked!! So good to be pain free!! I'm curious if your...
  7. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    My pain was not normal which is why he looked at it during THR. My gluteus repair was orthoscopic so I had only a little swelling/stiffness after surgery. Just that the pain didn't go away because of the inflammation and it was far worse than after the THR post op pain.
  8. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    Hi Krista...I actually had the gluteus repair in June of 2015. Not sure what caused the tear but suspect running?? I struggled with pain for months afterwards while at the same time my arthritis in the same hip got substantially worse. I had the THR (lateral) on Jan 7 at which time the surgeon...
  9. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    In addition to my THR I also had repair work on my gluteus medius....same hip. Anyone else been here? Thx
  10. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    Thx @Cinthia777. So glad I found this site.
  11. GolferNut

    THR Playing Golf After Surgery

    I had THR 7 weeks ago. My surgeon says perhaps I can return to golfing in 3 months . Ive met others who returned to playing in 6 weeks as part of their rehab?? Anyone else heard of that? Thx
Back
Top Bottom