Recent content by Gojennygo

  1. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    I realize that my post above sounds cynical and somewhat negative. This waiting is getting me down big time. It is of the utmost importance to keep a positive attitude through out these events. Having no control, having my surgery cancelled, having all of my planning be wasted, being unable...
  2. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    Hi @Jamie Yes, I saw your post and I thank you for your input. I am fully aware of what the recall is about, my doctor called me and explained the sterilization problem when he had to cancel my surgery. And after researching and finding their press statement online. I notified this website...
  3. Gojennygo

    RPKR Revision to RTKR on Oct 19th - A Little History

    Hi Dutch, Sorry to hear you are having to go through this so relatively soon after your partial replacement. Also, sorry to hear that your partial deteriorated so quickly. Do you believe that it is because of the heavy items you have been carrying? I had a conformis itotal RTKR installed...
  4. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    As I stated earlier, Conformis should have and could have contacted us, their customers. The could have even sent a form letter to the affected patients. We get recall letters for our cars, for goodness sake! I am certain they have a database of their customers. It is annoying and frustrating...
  5. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    Hiya, My doctor's office confirmed our suspicions that the odd thing on my incision is indeed a stitch poking out! Thanks to everyone on here who chimed in to reassure me and to give practical advice. It is a dissolvable stitch, but can take up to 3 months to be fully absorbed. They advised no...
  6. Gojennygo

    TKR Dearjr's new knee

    Hi Joe, Happy New Year! I am glad to read that you made it through the holiday weekend alright. As I read your thread and the thoughtful, detailed responses from others, I am reminded repeatedly about the importance of patience! It must be human nature to look forward, to look for change and...
  7. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    Hi Celle, I emailed pics to my doctor's office today and they will be contacting me tomorrow, as both he and his PA were out today. Thank you for the good idea about going to my local primary doc. I will mention it when they call me tomorrow. For now, I have stopped with all lotions and...
  8. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    Hi @Celle 600 affected implants WERE installed, according to their press release. I am wondering if my RTKR was one of the affected units. And if there is no problem with those 600, it is aggravating that they pulled the 300 completed units, instead of re-sterilizing the tools...
  9. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    Hello All, I have a weird thing in/on my incision. I have assumed it was just a deeper scab thus far, but now I am suspecting that it is something else. Maybe a stitch? It doesn't hurt. I have searched in here and online, and have been thinking it is minor or it will resolve on it's own...
  10. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    Hi Pumpkin, No, mine has not offered. I would not be interested in a different knee, and I doubt any other custom knee customer would be interested, either, but who knows? My replacement knee is already manufactured to fit my bones, just awaiting re-release. I chose my knee after lengthy...
  11. Gojennygo

    Conformis recall, has anyone else here been affected?

    Hi @limpy1940 Your frustration is understandable and shared by me, and I suppose by every other person who's surgery was cancelled. It is an inconvenience, and a huge hassle to have to re-do all of the prep work and scheduling AGAIN. Go ahead and vent on here, it helps somewhat, to be able to...
  12. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    Hi Kathi @SDkate I chose my doctor because of his expertise with custom knees, which are built to fit the patient and retain as much bone as possible. I had done research on Conformis knees and being bowlegged beforehand and when I met with him, we discussed my bowleggedness. It is amazing...
  13. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    hi @mla925 , Sorry to hear you are suffering with the same pain I am, but I am glad you chimed in. Maybe it is a normal part of the recovery process. You described the sleeping aspect perfectly for me, too. I have become afraid to fall asleep because I wake up in such bad pain, or I wake...
  14. Gojennygo

    TKR Conformis iTotal RTKR Recovery 3 Aug 15

    Hi Friends, I am almost 6 weeks post-op on RTKR. I experience terrible pain from even the slightest sideways motion, such as bumping my shoe on a table leg when standing up. However, I can walk, sit, lie down, etc. with normal, expected pains such as aching, tightness and soreness while...
Back
Top Bottom