Recent content by goforwalks

  1. goforwalks

    TKR The Other Knee

    I'm in my 6th week of a TKR on my right leg. My left leg looks just as bad in X-rays (osteoarthritis) but is not painful at this time. I'm wondering if there is anything I can do to avoid or postpone surgery on my left knee. I just added it to my PT activity which includes a stationary bike...
  2. goforwalks

    TKR The Other Knee

    Thans, Kim. I had the bandage removed yesterday. It was on for 14 days. I was relieved to see that the wound was dry and well-healed. It's surprising how wound-up you can get about a small thing when in this condition.
  3. goforwalks

    TKR The Other Knee

    I ended up leaving the bandage on because it has a good adherence and no signs of blood or discharge. Learning that Mepilex bandages can stay on until staples are removed was helpful. CW seemed to be that surgery bandages need to be replaced often. The new ones are much sturdier with built in...
  4. goforwalks

    TKR The Other Knee

    Kim, thank you so much for replying to my post late last night. I was awake with worry that I may have missed an important communication from my OS. Hearing your experience and learning the name of the bandage (which is what I have) was so very helpful and moved me to make a donation to this...
  5. goforwalks

    TKR The Other Knee

    I'm doing ok after knee replacement surgery on August 10. I will share an update on my progress tomorrow. Tonight I have a question. After your initial dressing was removed was the large band-aid ever replaced before you had the staples removed or was there just one large band-aid applied in...
  6. goforwalks

    Leo Knee Surgery

    My body and knee are clean, clean, clean! Ready for a date with my surgeon tomorrow at 7:20 am! See you in the recovery forum.
  7. goforwalks

    CPM Machine

    It does seem like it could be useful in the beginning to keep the knee more fluid. Not sure if it will be recommended but glad I have this info just in case.
  8. goforwalks

    Home Nursing?

    Thanks to all who responded. I have a better idea now re home nursing. Looking forward to that personal support.
  9. goforwalks

    Home Nursing?

    I'm wondering what the experience is like to have home nursing. Do they just stop by to take vitals and inspect the wound or is it more involved than that? If you had it, did you think it was helpful? Necessary?
  10. goforwalks

    CPM Machine

    Thank you to all. Very informative and helpful. Think I'll take the low-tech option.
  11. goforwalks

    CPM Machine

    Interesting. I was under the impression that early and continuous movement was essential. It makes sense that some healing should take place first.
  12. goforwalks

    CPM Machine

    Thanks for responding. I wondered if the motion would cause the machine to 'walk'. I guess you better not fall asleep in one:) Info re heel slides is very helpful.
  13. goforwalks

    CPM Machine

    How common is the use of a CPM Machine (continuous passive motion) after knee surgery? It seems like a helpful tool for recovery but it wasn't mentioned in my pre-op Knee clinic.
  14. goforwalks

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having knee surgery in August?

    Glad to find this forum. I will have knee replacement surgery on August 10...just in time for my 65th birthday on August 11! Yea Medicare:) My surgery will happen in Greenville, SC, at the Patewood Memorial Hospital. Hoping to chat with folks in the same Leo boat.
  15. goforwalks

    Leo Knee Surgery

    Wow! Great responses with important links. Thank you all. Off to do some homework. Will surely be back with questions.
Back
Top Bottom