Recent content by goblue61

  1. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Thanks. I am curious as to when stiffness after sitting disappears? I know I am only at 2 months post op and have plenty of healing time ahead of me with restrictions. Just wondering if this usually is gone or diminishes after 3 months, 6 months, a year, etc...? Boy those first 5 steps after...
  2. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Mojo, Thanks for checking on me for my 8 week Hipversary. Haven't had much to say recently since I am pretty much back to my normal life routine (except without hip pain). Yay! After my short stint in the ODIC last month I did decide to not attend PT any longer. I had an appointment with my OS...
  3. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Hmm. Honey mustard does sound better .Will try it next time. Looking forward to good Mojo coming my way.
  4. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Josephine, Where can I send you E1? I wasn't going to respond to your last post right away, but decided to eat some crow and felt like my response could help others having the PT concerns. From the above quote I am sure you have heard my situation a thousand times from various members. THR...
  5. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Clara, You are absolutely correct. I initially was not going to outpatient PT at all but my OS highly discouraged me from doing so at my 2 week check up. I trust my OS and decided to wait a few weeks and then make an appointment for PT. Although it may have sounded like the therapist killed me...
  6. goblue61

    THR Numbness

    Swany, Hope all is going well and your numbness has disappeared the past few weeks. I also had THR left side on Jan 8th, spinal block, and staples removed on the 22nd. Was your surgery posterior or anterior? Let us know an update how everything is going when you get a chance
  7. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Yay, one month down! Mojo, The one thing I have realized this past month is how every recovery is different and how correct you, Layla, Jacey, Josephine, and other Moderator/ Advisors are while giving advise and support to us all. You all must spend so much time reading new post helping us...
  8. goblue61

    THR Got'er done!

    Wayfarer, Your progress is so similar to mine. I also have been very busy returning to work. Mostly full time right now and no longer on the couch or recliner most of the day (kind of miss it in a way actually). I also have a little stiffness after sitting at my desk or driving for as little...
  9. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    So far so good. I will be cautious to not do too much to set me back. Every day I need to think about not over doing it. Its good that there is a little discomfort at the incision just as a reminder.
  10. goblue61

    THR Hi All... Right side done today

    Jonny, Sorry to hear about the pain you are in. Definitely let your nurse know about it so they can increase the dosage or give you something stronger. It is impossible to be comfortable or sleep with serious pain. I was lucky 4 weeks ago after surgery and had only mild pain. The meds they gave...
  11. goblue61

    THR Anterior THR

    Desertrat, so good to hear your doing well after your fall. Although I have not had a fall, I have broken the 90 degree rule by mistake a couple times and got on my knee this past weekend looking for a screw that I dropped (pretty much got up exactly the way you mentioned in a previous post)...
  12. goblue61

    THR Got'er done!

    Wayfarer, Happy 4 week anniversary! Sounds like you are also doing well as I and are staying active, driving, and working. My walks so far are pretty much the same as yours about 1/2 mile although I need a cane to do so. Are you walking without your cane that far? Is walking your only PT...
  13. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    My 4 week update. Thanks all for the support and well wishes! This last week hasn't changed much except that my cane use has decreased to only needing it when I am away from home, walks longer than 40-50 yards, or end of day depending on activity. If I concentrate on walking correctly (heel...
  14. goblue61

    THR 1-8-19 hip surgery recovery

    Layla, Thanks for note of encouragement. Yes its been 3 weeks since surgery and I feel I am doing much better than I expected pre-surgery. I haven't really posted anything recently since not a lot has changed since week two. I drive every day to my office and am able to sit for longer periods of...
  15. goblue61

    THR Got'er done!

    Wayfarer, I to may join you with using a walker tomorrow or ODIC. LOL. Today was almost 70 degrees and just a beautiful day. I just had to be outside working on odds and ends. Left my house early and decided to go to Home Depot and then paint baseboards for a garage project. I did not attempt to...
Back
Top Bottom