Recent content by Glinda

  1. Glinda

    THR June Sunbeam Ready and Waiting

    One week down with my new hip. Nothing much new to report other than I did go back to the narcotic pain medicine when pain started creeping up. I know better than to let that happen after reading all the posts on this forum. I continue to rest, ice, elevate and take pain meds by the clock. I...
  2. Glinda

    THR June Sunbeam Ready and Waiting

    Day 5 Post Op. Left the hospital on Thursday. The physical therapy in the hospital was easy, and I walked the hallways several times without pain, just a little achy. At home I started vomiting, unfortunately, so Friday was a bad day until my sweet hubby called the doctor and got a...
  3. Glinda

    THR June Sunbeam Ready and Waiting

    LTHR accomplished with no complications. I was up on my feet with a walker and bothered very briefly by nausea despite being treated for this prior to surgery. Pain is very well controlled, and I am so happy the surgery is done! Day 2 started with a walk to the dining room for breakfast and...
  4. Glinda

    THR June Sunbeam Ready and Waiting

    I was up at 2:30 a.m., showered, finished packing, and need to report to hospital at 5:00 a.m. for my LTHR in 4 hours. I am so ready!
  5. Glinda

    2015 June Sunbeams - are you having hip surgery in June?

    I am scheduled for a left THR on June 9. I can't wait to get my healthy lifestyle back.
Back
Top Bottom