Hey everyone. It has been six months since my TKR (right knee), and I am thrilled with it. I had such a great experience that I am looking forward to having my left knee done later this year. I have been experiencing clicking with my knee however, and was wondering if it will stop over time...
@Celle I try to elevate it at work every now and then.... It looks kind of wacky because I don't have a lot of room and I try to prop it up on the edge of my desk. I've gotten some pretty weird looks from my coworkers, but hey, it feels better, especially when I'm icing it at the same time.
@Josephine I work in administration doing budget work and some secretarial type tasks. I work on a computer most of the day, taking breaks to get up and walk.
@Want2hike that sounds like a great suggestion. I'll look for some of those compression socks and try them out.
I think I'm getting a...
@Celle I have a really nice couple of ice packs that mold to my knee, and I keep them on with elastic wrapping with a velcro closure. It stays in place, and I wear them until the cold disappears. I think the swelling comes from sitting. I don't get the same swelling when I'm at home lounging...
I've recently had some swelling in my ankle. Is this ok/normal, or do I need to elevate and ice more? I ice my knee twice a day at work, leaving the ice pack in place around an hour or so, and the swelling isn't too bad, just annoying.
@Josephine I've noticed that it takes about 30 minutes before any pain medicines I take kick in. The ½ oxy knocks out the pain, quiets my restless legs and makes me very sleepy, so I have started taking it at night when I go to bed. If I take a whole one at night, I tend to sleep very late the...
@Josephine I used my TENS unit last night for about 45 minutes. It helped, but minimally. I read your post on it and felt like I had the pads in the correct positions.
Today I think I was just having a bad day. Didn't get out of bed till 11am and took 1000 mg Tylenol at noon. At 2pm I was...
Hey lady.... I see we share the same surgery date! How is your recovery coming along? Just noted also that I am 9 days older than you! Yes, like you, I'll have to get my other knee done soon.... but December is a bit too soon!
I've decided on a name for my RTKR. Arnie (R-knee... get it?) When I get my left one done in a year or two, that one will be Ellnie (had a little difficulty figuring out the spelling for this one...suggestions welcomed!).
@Josephine I'll pull out my TENS unit when I get home today and plugg 'er up. I bought some tylenol 500 mgs yesterday, and they seem to work great, taking 2 at a time, of course. I don't want to even come close to the 4000 daily limit though, so will be watching to make sure I don't take too...
@Josephine I do have a TENS machine. I haven't used it in a while, but should probably take it out and try it again. It didn't seem to help all that much before.
@Josephine I think part of the random pain is when I either sit for too long then stand up, or stand for too long. On the way back from my family reunion I had a hard time getting comfy in the car. It was a 3 hour one way drive, and I had the back seat all to myself. We had to stop a couple of...
@sistersinhim Thanks for your kind words, yes, the oxy was awful in terms of the constipation too. I don't know why I'm having such an easy time of it, but I am very thankful for this. I had a great surgeon as well. I did a lot of research before I decided on him. My hometown orthopedist...
@sistersinhim I found that as long as I was regularly taking the Percoset (oxycodone), then I had a bit of brain fog and a lot of fatigue. The fatigue was really noticeable the following day. Now I try not to take it unless I know I won't be doing a lot (mentally) the following day.
@Celle Thanks for the links to all those articles, they have been very helpful. Haven't made it through all of them yet, but the one about knee clicking was great.
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.