Recent content by GibsonGirl1948

  1. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    Thanks so much for the responses. Oh my! BERALC has especially given me much to process. Would you believe that after feeling so "unwell" yesterday, napping all day and sleeping the entire night, I woke this morning feeling well and ready to have a good day! I'm thinking that I can expect some...
  2. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    Hello friends! 6 weeks post op as of yesterday. I ended PT last Thursday and, "No", I do not want to do another 2 weeks!! With my posts I can see that I continue to look for encouragement! Last week I had 3 days when I could honestly say, "I feel good!" My legs give out after about 15 minutes or...
  3. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    New concern! However, by the day a new pain in some random area pops up! I am 5 weeks and 3 days post op. I am managing as well as expected. After advocating for myself with PT and refusing to do extremely aggressive exercises I am better! Insurance is paying for 2 more sessions and once I...
  4. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    I am 4 weeks and 3 days post op. After an earlier post I chose to advocate for myself with PT. I have continued but refused to do 3 of the exercises that caused pain. My 4 week visit with my surgeon, last Tuesday, shows I have 95% range of motion. My concern and I admit I need encouragement is I...
  5. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    I hear you, yes. Something seems amiss in that we are required to do exercises that cause significant pain because we're made to believe we won't recover without enduring the pain of exercise. When I realize I feel worse after PT and the next day is difficult, something just doesn't sound right...
  6. GibsonGirl1948

    TKR Legs feel weak and. tired!

    I am 20 days post op for right knee total replacement. I have been to PT 4 times and each time I come home feeling worse than before PT. I admit I am 76 years old, female, and perhaps in my old age I have become a whimp when it comes to pain! These early days have been difficult. Most of the PT...
  7. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    I have not posted in many weeks. The reason for that is that I am doing so wonderfully well that I have not had questions or concerns! A few weeks ago my husband commented that my BoneSmart group has been such a great help and a blessing and it truly has. Today, I am celebrating my 73rd...
  8. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    It has been a few weeks since I have posted. This speaks to how wonderfully well I am doing! I have not had the need to ask questions or ask for advice for some sudden pain. My greatest problem is forgetting where I left my cane because I need it less and less! I continue to learn and gain...
  9. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    Whoa! NightQuilter, you surely have given me encouragement and hope! Actually, I am even more improved since I wrote my last post!!
  10. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    8 weeks post surgery today! Time has slipped by so quickly. I am doing well and continue to make progress. I mentioned in an earlier post that I have stiffness in my legs when I first stand up after sitting in a chair. Because of the stiffness I cannot put my cane in the corner and forget it...
  11. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    Going4fun: So glad you responded and your advice speaks .I know I am expecting too much too soon. I'll just bet everyone who has been down this road can recall the early days of thinking, "Oh gosh, is this normal?" The one thing that I was not informed about prior to surgery is the time it takes...
  12. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    Hello, Sunny girl! I felt your advice was just the thing. It makes sense that the pain stops when I get into my recliner. For a couple of nights I used a pillow to elevate my legs as I waited for the elevating pillow. Did not spend the money on the Lounge Doctor. While this pillow seems to help...
  13. GibsonGirl1948

    THR Sunnytimesahead RTHR Recovery

    So good to get your report. Nothing worse than being nauseated. Praying that you can get some rest tonight. You know what to do and ice is definitely your friend. So glad you are now on this side. I'll look forward to reading your updates.
  14. GibsonGirl1948

    THR Advice Welcome

    This is Tuesday and I have kept you in my heart all day. I pray that the surgery has gone well. I know you have great concern for your mom. Prayers for you now and in the days to come. Please keep us posted.
  15. GibsonGirl1948

    THR GibsonGirl's Anterior THR Recovery

    YIKES! I must rely oh my intuition or telepathy or maybe just good sound judgement!!! Thanks.
Back
Top Bottom