Recent content by Gentle Giant

  1. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Hello Everyone I hope all are well and recovering nicely. I have several questions that I would like to post to the forum for advice, but some details first. I have had 2 total knee replacements: 1 in November 2013, left knee, and the other in January, 2014, right knee. The first knee surgery...
  2. G

    TKR Just wondering on my progress?

    sjm1027 I am glad that I can make you feel a little better. You should feel good about your progress. ROM to 119 after only 5 weeks is awesome. Just be careful not to do too much too soon. Keep up the great work and good luck with your return to work. Hope you continue to feel better.
  3. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    icep707 I was born in Anaheim and lived in Riverside and Riverside county. I guess being from Anaheim is why everyone calls me Goofy. I was in the same boat as you. I went to a doctor several years ago to have my knee drained. When he saw my x-rays all the doctors in the office gathered around...
  4. G

    TKR Just wondering on my progress?

    sjm1027 I can relate to the clicking in your knee. I am approximately 4.5 months out on my left knee and 2.5 months out on my right knee. I have clicking in my left knee, but no pain. It just feels a little weird, but I figure that this is due to the muscles needing to be strengthened. I had a...
  5. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Josephine I love the crazy eye cat. It reminds me of one I had in my early days. I appreciate your breakdown and expertise to my particular situation. Regarding work situation, I have applied for a modified schedule with my work to see if there is anything that I can do in the office...
  6. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Maryo52 Thanks for responding. I appreciate your view on my particular situation. It is always good to get others opinions, so you can get a truer perspective. I have copies of all my notes other than the last couple visits, as I have been considering getting a second opinion. I haven't needed...
  7. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Maryo52 Thanks for your words of wisdom. I appreciate it. I had surgery in Connecticut. The doctor was a referral. The extra surgery on the right knee and lack of determination of the cause gave me concern, as well. Especially since they couldn't definitely say it wasn't caused by an infection...
  8. G

    Total Knee Replacement.....tomorrow!

    JonnyW I to am new to this forum, as of yesterday finding it. The comments and opinions that I have viewed to date have been of great comfort and encouragement. I feel that the group that has been formed here has done a great job to pass on their wisdom and sincerity in assuring that every pre...
  9. G

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Your welcome Mai5ie. I am glad that you are able to improvise. Maybe you can get one at a local carnival. Good luck with your recovery.
  10. G

    What is my problem??

    Honey's girl It is a natural to feel nervous when you are going in to the unknown, but you sound like you have done your research and have a great staff to handle your procedure. I have had a good deal of knee operations and was nervous on every single one. Nervousness and fear are inherent...
  11. G

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Mai5ie I am glad that you are doing great. I recently had both my knees replaced and had that dead weight feeling for a while with both legs. The best invention they ever gave me in the hospital was the invisible dog on a leash. I first saw this device at carnivals when I was a kid. Kids would...
  12. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Thanks Icep707. I am glad that you are doing well. I am not sure why the physical therapists don't work with the patients. All they do is sit and look at the computer or ipad, until it is time to stretch a patient. Not ideal for interaction. Unfortunately because I have had to take time off...
  13. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Thanks Icep707. I appreciate your comments and encouragement. I found this forum and was impressed with the wealth of knowledge that you and your constituents have, regarding the TKR issue. I have been doing the ice and elevation for swelling and pain. Before the knees were replaced the pain...
  14. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Thanks Trailspud. I appreciate the comments.
  15. G

    TKR Sharp Stabbing Pain behind the Knee and in the Shin

    Good Evening Everyone I am a recovering double TKRs. I had my left knee done approximately 4½ months ago. There was quite a bit of swelling with that knee for about 2 months, but virtually no pain. I was able to rehab fairly quickly and was walking, riding a stationary bike, using a treadmill...
Back
Top Bottom