Recent content by Gazza

  1. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    It's been a while since I've updated. A month back I went to my doctor to explain that knee pain was preventing me from sleeping and that I was using Voltarol with Ibuprofen without success. He explained that Voltarol has a stimulant effect which would keep me awake. He gave me a script for...
  2. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    My sleep has improved greatly due to a combination of sticking to a fixed bed time and pain management. I went back to my old sleep time at 9pm and using Volatarol with 400mg ibuprofen just before bed. It's taken about 10 days to settle. I've given up on all sleeping aids. I've taken up...
  3. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    The zingers have gone (touch wood) since last Thursday and my need for painkillers during the day is zero. I've started doing step-ups and walking alongside my normal routine but I can't do anymore than 5 step-ups or 5 minutes walking before my knee starts to swell and get sore. I rest for a...
  4. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    Since Saturday I've started getting sleep in 2 hour chunks through the night. Most nights I get 5 hours plus. The zingers initially increased in amount but lessened in intensity. Now I get one mild zinger per day. I was wondering if any of the below changes might have helped my sleep and...
  5. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    Thanks Jamie. Yah! I got 6 hours sleep last night right after a muscle spasm, from 3 AM to 7AM and from 8 AM to 10AM. I'm really happy with that and hope it's a trend.
  6. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    Another sleepless night, I got 2 x 1.5 hours sleep after 5am this morning. I'm catching up today with day time snoozes. I massaged the it band last evening so when the cramp came this morning it was much reduced. A positive step. I went to my physio today. She was very happy with my knee flex...
  7. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    This is a note about the past week. Sleeping Aids Last Friday (20th February) I went to my own doctor about difficulty sleeping. I had previously tried over-the-counter Nytol with success so he prescribed me Zopiclone for a 2 week period starting with a half tablet dose (3.75 mg). I practiced...
  8. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    Thanks for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately, I wasn't warned about using heat close to the wound so I'll avoid using it on my new knee. I'm currently doing ice about 4 to 6 times daily. How long should I keep doing this? Also I wear a compression sock during the day. Do you think this...
  9. G

    TKR Gazza's Recovery

    I had total knee replacement on my left knee on 27 January 2026. At this stage my 2 main issues are zingers and lack of sleep. The zingers started in earnest last weekend with one a day and have now progressed to several times a day, mostly at night in bed. The pain is eye watering especially...
Back
Top Bottom