Thanks for sharing your progress. Having been quite active before the replacement I worry that the replacement will limit me in some necessary movements.
I haven’t walked over a mile since the 3 mile walk. Learned my lesson from that. I’m happy with the ROM and not pushing anything anymore. Like they say, it takes time and patience. I just thought the pain would be much better by now. I hope time will help that too.
Well we are nearing the expiration of quarantine in our state and the gyms will be able to reopen on the 15th of the month. I don’t intend to go until a safe routine is established.
My ROM has increased steadily, now around 130 degrees. Walks are still painful and the pains move from knee to...
Social distancing has closed the gyms so I’ve been exercising at home and walking now. Two days ago it was a beautiful spring day here and I went out for my regular mile walk. It was so nice out and the pain wasn’t bad, so I kept walking for for about 3 miles when it started to hurt pretty bad...
We had the second opinion appointment yesterday and the OS X-rayed the knee and hips, measured the ROM and Flexion now being 120 / 5 respectively. I expressed my concern about the stiffness when sitting for 30 minutes or more and he said that can be expected in TKR patients for up to a year and...
I now notice that walking for 15 or 20 min is making my knee warm up and swell. It didn’t do that as bad when I first started walking. Seems that as soon as I gained ROM of 90, the soreness and swelling was more pronounced with walking and the clicking and popping got worse. I’m hoping the...
ROM is around 110 now! All normal activities are much easier now. I can ride the bike with the seat at my normal setting now. I’m not sure about how much more ROM I will get, I can function now . Being able to get down on the floor and get back up again is huge for me. If I fell there was no way...
I don’t think my MUA helped anymore than than taking it easy and icing and elevating are doing. I sleep on my side with my legs bent at the knee. Of course my right TKR leg wasn’t bending at all at first, but after the swelling went down and the icing and elevation 3times a day, it started...
ROM is now over 100, but the pain during my walks is disturbing. There is more snapping and popping in the knee the more ROM I get. I think I’m getting a clunk now as when I step down on my toes I hear a click in my head on the right side. If I step down on my heel it doesn’t click as much. Is...
Today I went to the gym and after my leg exercisers, t tried the bike to see how far away I am from peddling all the way around on the bike. To my surprise it went easily at the highest seat setting with no pain, down three settings before it felt mild pressure. I went 12 min at that setting...
I wasn’t able to peddle the bike very well at the highest setting without shifting my hips way over to my left side to make the complete revolution with my right leg. It was too uncomfortable to keep going so I stopped and went to the elliptical and managed 20 minutes on it. After getting off...
When I got up this morning and went into the bathroom I noticed that both my feet were at the same angle while sitting. That must be at least 90 ROM to sit with my heels together isn’t it? I don’t have a device to measure ROM so I’m guessing. It’s defiantly moving more and this happened...
Funny, I never had this bad a buckle till after MUA and the ROM got better. I can do a few steps now, so I’m going to work on strengthening my leg before trying that again. Like everyone says, slow and steady will produce the best results.
ROM has increased, when I got up the other day. I don’t have the orthopedic measuring device, but my right knee is moving slightly past the place where the heel slides I had to use a sheet to help move it to, without the sheet. I’m getting dressed easier, sitting down both heels together, and...
I had a phone conversation with my OS yesterday afternoon about the Tomograms and the pocket of edema. He said the pocket was small and not effecting the movement in a significant way. His notes on the Tomograms did say that everything looked good and no clear reason for lack of ROM was evident...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.