Recent content by Garro61

  1. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    Yes. Thank you I am doing better and better everyday. I have definitely turned the corner in my recovery. I continue my PT exercises at home and I am still icing hip and knee as needed
  2. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    My doctor gave the physical therapist some new exercises to do for my IT band along with 15 minutes of massage in the band at the end of my session. This has helped dramatically with the pain is pretty much gone. Today I had my last therapy session and I’m continuing to do my exercises at home...
  3. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    I’m happy to report I went to physical therapy yesterday and the doctor had stopped by and instructed the therapist to work on my IT band and the other nerve that was giving me an issue. I did some of my normal routine then she massaged and worked on those two spots and I walked in with pain and...
  4. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    OK so I have good news. My leg/knee pain is my IT Band and the Rectus Femoris muscle in my leg. The Doctor said this a normal contraction of them. He is going to talk to the Physical Therapist about doing exercises to stretch it out. My issue is I can’t take NSAID pain relievers due to my DVT...
  5. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    So after a week of shooting pain from my knee I have made an appointment with the orthopedic surgeon tomorrow. I am hoping to get some answers to my pain. I am thinking editted is correct. It may be an IT band issue. Stay tuned folks for an update tomorrow
  6. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    Sorry those words were supposed to be when I get home from work. I did voice dictation and it came out wrong. I apologize
  7. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    1. Anterior approach 2. Pain level for the hip 0. Occasionally some burning of the wound area and some of the muscle but never more than a level 2. And pain in the middle by around the area that might DVT was that at times can be as high as 5 and that’s when I will take the Tylenol 3. At the...
  8. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    Yes agreed, it wasn’t on purpose that I was running I am in a theatrical production that requires me to run off stage and then I have to go down two deep stairs and the stairs is what has hurt my leg. I have learned a new method of leaving the stage that is less impactful on it. So my knee pain...
  9. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    No I am in Florida
  10. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    Yes you can ask me any questions
  11. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    Yes I the anterior approach. Well to be honest I did am preforming in A play and this pain began the day after I had to run off the stage and in doing so I had to go down and step down on deep step and when I did that I had a sharp pain my leg. I do think the pain is from that deep step. The...
  12. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    I’m not sure what you mean in terms of where am I in my recovery but I stated I was in the hospital for 4 days before coming home surgery went home for one day back in the hospital for five days due to a DVT. Was on a walker for week and a half a cane for a week and a half and I’ve been walking...
  13. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    I had the muscle sparing procedure done July 5, 2018. Was hospitalized for four days. On day five ended up back in the hospital with a massive DVT and was in the hospital for five days while trying to regulate me on warfarin in till they find they switch me to Eliquis and release me. I was...
  14. Garro61

    THR Pain issues weeks post-op

    I seem to have developed problems with my knee and pain for weeks after surgery this week it seems to be getting worse. Dr and PT keeps telling me not to worry about it it is just all part of the process while your body is getting used to the new hip. But this week I’m experiencing severe pain...
Back
Top Bottom