Recent content by Gardenplotter

  1. Gardenplotter

    TKR Recovering

    Hi Flowerqueen, you are not alone. I am at almost 5 months and have not mastered going down stairs normally. I also get stiff all over when I sit for a long time at work. I hope this will still get better with time. I now remind myself to get up and walk at least a few steps every 30 minutes...
  2. Gardenplotter

    Bilateral TKR 2 years out and facing up to facts

    Ghostpipe, I hope you will feel better soon. Hopefully it is just another bump on this rollercoaster ride we are on. If ice and elevation don’t help over the weekend, definitely see your surgeon. Sending You healing thoughts and prayers. :console2:
  3. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    @Ghostpipe I can’t think of anything I am doing that would aggravate it more. Just daily living and work. But I do believe that there were prior issues. I had been diagnosed with a hamstring sprain 3 years ago and ever since couldn‘t bend my knee more than 90 degrees, go down or up stairs...
  4. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    The above clinical photographs demonstrate the clinical exam maneuver for diagnosing popliteal tendonitis. (A) The patient is placed in a lateral decubitus position with the operative extremity up. The patient then abducts their hip against gravity resistance with their knee in full extension...
  5. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    @Jockette I last saw my surgeon at the 12 week follow up and I explained to him what issues I still have, he told me it is a long recovery and there was nothing wrong on the X-rays that he could see and that things will improve with time. My next appt. is for the one year follow up. I will make...
  6. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    I don’t know, sometimes I think something isn’t right. The pain isn’t constant, my leg feels best at extension or at the end of flexion, but at like 30 degrees - not always- I get this knife stabbing pain just to the left below the kneecap. It prevents me from going down stairs foot over foot...
  7. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    It’s been 4 months now since my TKR and today I am in a lot of pain. Back to having a log leg, I guess from internal swelling and back to icing and elevating. I will be taking 400mg of Advil to take the edge off so I can sleep. I don’t recall overdoing it or doing anything else than what I have...
  8. Gardenplotter

    PKR Clunky Knee

    Ginger1210, I’m sorry to hear that last week was tough for you. I think calling your Physio Nurse is a good idea for peace of mind. A few days last week I had lateral pain, clicking and popping feeling around the kneecap and now on the weekend it’s gone. I am 2 weeks ahead of you and feel that...
  9. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    Today was a great day, I finally was able to ride my bike outside, just up and down the street. I was still a little wobbly, just feeling unsure and scared of falling, but I had no problem with ROM to do the rotation of the pedal. I was grinning ear to ear. :yahoo:
  10. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    Coming up to the end of week 17 (4 months). My husband, my son and I went on a weekend trip to look at universities for our son. It went okay, i was really stiff after driving for 5 hours (with breaks in between). But going on a walking tour of the campuses wasn’t happening after that. I took my...
  11. Gardenplotter

    TKR Arthroscopic Surgery after TKR to Release Popliteus.

    Rain Dancer, congratulations on your new knee and best wishes for your recovery! Amazing that you were able to do leg lifts already and kudos for standing up to the therapist for your baby-knee. I was also told about my BMI, and that I had to be below 35 for them to do the surgery, I did not...
  12. Gardenplotter

    TKR Powerhouse's Recovery

    Getting a good nights sleep is not easy, takes a long time to get back to. I still do a lot of tossing and turning. In one of the posts here someone compared it to feeling like being stuck on rotisserie, that’s exactly it. I will wake up with a twinge and turn to the other side, wake up again...
  13. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    @Ginger1210, it sounds like we are on the same path of recovery. A few good days and then a little setback, but yes overall we are moving forward. @kneeper, I will see how tired I am on the weekend, but I meant just some form of exercise other than ADLs, really would like to ride a bike outside...
  14. Gardenplotter

    TKR TKR 4/6 pain lifting bent leg

    Hi all, I almost made it through the first week of work. I am actually getting ready for work just now, but thought i should update my entries. I am now almost 15 weeks after TKR. So far so good, no unexpected pain, just aches, stiffness and I am extremely tired when I get home. I don’t have the...
  15. Gardenplotter

    TKR Custom TKR Left Knee on May 3, 2021

    Your recovery is impressive. I will check into the conformis system for my next knee. :wowspring:
Back
Top Bottom