Recent content by gami

  1. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    Thankyou a your gente words and wisdom warm my heart and add some calm to my mind.
  2. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    Hi Everyone These last few months have been a memorable time for me but thankfully my knee doesn't have ahigh priority right now.... yes and perhaps thats a good thing. My husband and second eldest son have and are still facing life threatening experiences. Husband hopefuly will be rehabing...
  3. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    Thankyou Tentcamper the cream has helper. I had my first physio review yesterday and it went very well. Lots of encouragement about the post op progress but no pressure to do anything other than to continue as I've been doing, which simply following g the bonesmart post op guidelines. . I still...
  4. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    I was just thinking this time last week I was on my way to the hospital for my tkr...back home on saturday...and recovery is progressing slowly. Walking is fine , I have a stick and handrails on our stairs so managing ok. I'm taking panadol osteo and icing, elevating and mainly resting. Physio...
  5. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    Well I remember they had the rubbing alcohol but I was very insistent it had to be pure probably what added to the suspicion. Interestingly this time they could only get Ken a 1 litre bottle..but its arrived thats all that matters.The new Ortho physio actually game me a big blue wrap which can...
  6. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    I am so happy the physio cane in this afternoon I have 90 deg bend and 120 lifted straight... not that I care much about degrees. The difference in pre, surgery and post op approach is amazing. Today the Joint Replacement Ortho team are encouraging gentle movement over everything else and the...
  7. gami

    TKR Left TKR...a Decade of Change.

    Well what a difference 10years can make to this whole process. As others advised there were no problem having the actual spinal block and light general. Been a long day but encouragement from surgery team and nursing staff has not wavered. I've 3 small walks since coming back from op. Thankful...
  8. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    Thankyou for your encouragement...it was exactly what I needed today.
  9. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    Just got the call of to the hospital... tomorrow morning 6.30am. I had a nice chat to the anesthesiologist yesterday explained about my anxiety, as suggested, and she reassured me...as you all have..that this is a good way to go. So I guess I won't be chatting again until its all done and...
  10. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    Thankyou for sharing your personal experience.. reassuring
  11. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    4 days to go and a bit of rising anxiety, tomorrow starts all the pre op prep, so different to last time, but thats ok. I really am unsure about this spinal way of doing the surgery. Past experience of having shoulder surgery and remebering hearing the sugeons talking about the finer details...
  12. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    Thankyou Jaycey, the surgeon did say a day or two in hospital and he did talk about a spinal block and light general anaesthetic. He seemed to think it was a good option. I have another preop visit to his practice so I'll take the opportunity to discuss pain mangement post op. Lots more...
  13. gami

    TKR The time has come...

    10years since I had my Right TKR, no dramas and it's still going well but my leftie decided it was time so I'm booked in for the 13th July. Just did my online admission so I thought it's also time to check in with my bonesmarties. I remember well the encouragement and support from 10years ago...
  14. gami

    TKR Newbie from Perth Western Australia

    Hi Niftyknee, I'm from northern NSW and way post op in fact it's been 5years, my how times flies when you get your new knee. My recovery taught me extreme patience, this wonderful site gave me true insight and great advice and encouragement about how to cope each minute hour and week...both pre...
  15. gami

    Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

    Hi Shortie , it's been a while since I popped in to the forum but I'm so glad I did. I've spend a little while catching up on your progress and I'm so happy for you and the revision, finally after such a long time you are finally seeing the light at the end of that long tunnel. What a great...
Back
Top Bottom