Recent content by frieds

  1. frieds

    THR 12-8-14

    I can relate - thought many times about canceling my surgery back in May. But as time drew closer I felt more and more like it was the right decision. My hip progressed faster and faster over the months which gave me the inner peace to know I wanted my life back. I wanted normal back. Night...
  2. frieds

    THR Am I dreaming? Not anymore!

    I am glad to hear of your successes (both of you). I too went thru this and it's now been six months and it's a faint memory. Life is as good as it was before anything happened and I know you both will continue to grow stronger and happier each day that passes! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  3. frieds

    Doubting my decision.

    I was significantly older than you but still young at 45 by all accounts. Gradually I got a little limp and my sleep became a little less. I would get foot cramps and very stiff. It took two years before I started needing steroid shots. Those worked the first time for seven months and the second...
  4. frieds

    Again???

    I too was told could go home next day based upon my age and overall condition. But, I ended up staying extra day because it took longer for epidural to wear off than expected and there was a falling danger. So I couldn't walk same day as surgery but I did walk very next morning. And as good as...
  5. frieds

    THR Allahere_recovery

    Alla - my OS said to take four antibiotics which he prescribed before all dental cleanings etc for at least a few years. The reality is that you don't want bone infection as the new bone takes long time to completely grow in. I think flesh wounds are different from that which your body absorbs...
  6. frieds

    THR Allahere_recovery

    Great news! Happy to hear!! With 3.5 months under my belt I have totally forgotten what it used to be like. All has been normal for 1.5 months so I can relate to your happiness!! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  7. frieds

    Oh what !!! Why

    I too was exercising which I believe wore my hip out faster. I was terrified of THR as well. But I have to admit in the scheme of life it was pretty darn easy. The fear of the unknown was worse than the reality. Hips aren't bad and all the benefits are well worth it in the long run! Sent from...
  8. frieds

    Cortisone shots to ease the pain while I wait for Hip Replacement

    I had the same experience as 1-hip. Good at first when injected into the right space but very short term solution. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  9. frieds

    Am I having surgery too early? Will I regret this?

    Why live in pain any longer than you need? My first OS wanted me to wait until I turned 50 to have THR. So my second OS was the keeper! I had my surgery three months ago and have zero regrets. I had no idea how impacted my sleep was and how that affected me. Now I sleep like a baby on both sides...
  10. frieds

    coming Aug 18th.....Hip number two!

    Actually just one hip :) to combat a birth defect that came back to haunt me - but I understand the issue. I also having nothing but admiration for two hippers - y'all are my Heros! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  11. frieds

    Ten-hour countdown

    Lets go wheels! You got this! :) Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  12. frieds

    9/9 is the date

    @mittens - I can relate as I had never had a spinal before. Had THR on 5/28 and spinal was so easy. It really helped control my pain post-op with really no side effects. Came out pretty alert fairly fast and felt good. For me I wasn't allowed to walk until the following day because operates leg...
  13. frieds

    Fat guy: RTHR scheduled for Aug. 25...worried! Please help

    @IMs - will be thinking of you on your day. I personally found I was more nervous weeks out but the last few days leading up I was excited. Didn't think I'd be able to sleep the night before but surprisingly found myself getting great nights sleep and not feelings nerves until right before the...
  14. frieds

    coming Aug 18th.....Hip number two!

    @jmarietv - congrats and best wishes on the second hip. Having gone through it myself three months ago it is exciting to know how much better you'll feel fast! I wish you speedy and pain free recovery so you can get back to all the fun stuff! Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
  15. frieds

    THR Tee (AKA Frieds) Flipping to "the other side"

    So this will be my last post on my thread, will focus on how I can support and help others. Today was my ten week post-op follow up with my OS. Love the man! He released me to "live life" and only requested I check-in one one year for some X-rays and check on me. I've learned a lot about...
Back
Top Bottom