Recent content by Freya34

  1. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    Yet another update on this unexpected long journey. Seriously, don't listen to anyone who tells you will be fine after 6 weeks post surgery lol. Unless you're extremely lucky. Also apologize from being inactive for so long. I'm nearing 2 years on my right knee partial surgery. Actually last...
  2. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    Ok, I have a new theory for my right leg pain. What if it's not a knee but my quad muscle. Would that even be possible? My quad has been a disaster since a surgery. Took 4 - 5 months for me to even activate it so I can lift my leg. And now... 1.5 year later this muscle is very weak still. And...
  3. Freya34

    TKR Knee Replacement at 30? Devastated!!

    As someone mentioned I had partial knee replacements done and I'm 35 years old. There is no age limit on knee problems and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! Younger people suffer just as well. And the knee replacement is not the end of the world. Recovery is difficult but manageable. :) let...
  4. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    @Jamie I've been considering getting a second opinion. I have no idea how to go on about this though haha. So I'd definitely appreciate any advice.
  5. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    @hawk2go you mentioned you were experiencing pain after the injection wore off - can I ask if that pain ever went away?
  6. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    My partial knee replacement was almost 1.5 year ago and I kind of expected to be able to do things such as exercising. The sharp pain sometimes feel like a needle poking the outside of my knee. Sometimes (rarely) I feel it gently when I'm standing straight and not doing much. Just standing...
  7. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    So for my lingering sharp pain in the right knee, my nurse recommended a nerve block injection. I have the initial appointment about this nerve block later this month. Have anyone here had this type of a procedure done? My x-rays look fine and during the knee arthroscopy my doctors haven't...
  8. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    @WFD arthroscopic. The procedure took about 40 minutes and I've spend about 4 hours in the hospital in total. I could put my weight on the leg right after the surgery and had very little pain. @Jockette left knee - August 8th. Right knee I think it was around April 25th.
  9. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    It's been few months since I've checked the forum. A lot to catch up! As for me... a week ago I had a scar tissue cleanup surgery on my left knee. Just like with my right knee, I had quite a scar tissue build up. Just my luck, I guess. :) At least the recovery for this type of a surgery is...
  10. Freya34

    PKR On the Mend

    Congrats on a good recovery so far! Sounds like you're doing great foe only 5 weeks after surgery. :) Just be sure you don't overwork it. I know I fell for a trap of feeling great a couple of times, overworked my knees and then suffered from some extra pain and swelling. :p
  11. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    Had my stitches taken out today and the nurse said my scar tissue problems are indeed pretty rare. She said they do maybe 3 - 4 surgeries like mine per year. I feel like i unlocked some type of achievement haha. Overall things are going OK. I'm struggling a bit because my quads are weak but...
  12. Freya34

    TKR 4 weeks out from LTKR

    It is OK to take as much time as you need! PT exercises can wait until you're comfortable to try them again!
  13. Freya34

    TKR Garden Gal 5’s Recovery

    I said it before, if doctors started telling patients about the recovery process, no one would want this surgery. Unfortunately the recovery can last anywhere from 12 to 18 months. It really depends on a person. The recovery is also full of pain, frustration, swelling, tight band feeling, etc...
  14. Freya34

    Revision TKR A New Day

    This might be a weird question - are your pants tight? I found that my knees didn't not like my slim jeans - it felt like I was wearing a tight bandaid around me knees and it didn't felt comfortable. Especially since 4 months post op you probably still have swelling. 4 months is very early and...
  15. Freya34

    PKR Freya's Recovery - Second PKR

    @Jamie thank you. I'm definately taking things slowly. Relaxing with ice packs on, mostly. I know it sounds weird but I was really happy doctor found that scar tissue. At least I know I wasn't crazy and didn't imagine that weird pain in my knee.
Back
Top Bottom