Hi @Annelie! Sounds like, overall, you are doing very well. Before my surgeries, I couldn't even think about doing four flights of stairs--that would have been like climbing Mt. Everest. And thank you for coming back from time to time to give updates--it's helpful for the rest of us to get...
Thanks, @Jewlz1 and @Coker. It's good to get sensible advice. If it was my left knee, I wouldn't be nearly as concerned. Luckily, I don't have to rush with the driving.
Thank you @BBCG! Since I read your thread avidly, I knew that you had begun driving pretty quickly in your recovery. When I think about driving (as I sit here in my recliner), it is the ability to lift my leg/knee and to extend and push my foot that seems crucial. I can do both. But I love...
Here is a question for the seasoned veterans on this forum--is a ROM of 90 on my right knee enough to drive? Has anyone here driven with a ROM of 90? I will be at six weeks next Friday and that's when I started driving after my first TKR, though my ROM was about 115 and it was my non-driving...
I would talk to the PT first. I had a rough patch with my PT and talking things out made the whole difference. If the PT refuses to listen, I would switch PTs.
Welcome @Reader525! You certainly came to the right place. That PT session sounds like torture, not healing. You shouldn't have to live in fear of physio...
Day 35 - Clarity. I had my first PT visit since starting on Cyclobenzaprine (muscle relaxant) a couple of days ago. I'm not sure it has made a lot of difference, but I'll only be on it for five days. During the PT session I had a moment of enlightenment (and so did my therapist). When I try...
Hello @rowsee. I am so happy I found a group of swimmers here. Here was my experience. I belong to a Masters swim club, though we haven't swum together since March 2020. After my first TKR, I started swimming at six weeks and was very pleased that I hadn't lost all of my fitness. I took it...
Thanks @Susie-Q. My first TKR (last September) went so well that I had forgotten what a long slog it is. I seem much more impatient this time around. Part of what makes it seem interminable is that I am not seeing any progress on my ROM. The first ten days seemed weirdly easy. There is that...
Day 31. Went for in-person PT on Tuesday. Very interesting development--my PT thinks I am suffering from muscle spasms and that when I try to bend my knee, my quads and hamstrings all fire in the wrong direction and prevent my knee from bending. (The Praetorian Guard!) We did a few bends with...
Thanks, @London Trainer. It's so wonderful when someone comes back after a long time and gives a positive update. After my first TKR (around the time of your surgery), I, like so many people, just disappeared after six weeks when I had gotten on with my life and was no longer thinking about my...
Thanks, Atkinson8. My wonky hamstring really keeps me in line. It's like the Praetorian guard of my knee--if I overdo anything, it sounds the first alarm.
Hello Reece! I'm four days ahead of you and experiencing exactly the same thing. I can't find a comfortable position for my knee. This is my second rodeo so I should know this by now. I had two nights without any sleep and then finally last night, I was so exhausted that I slept well. This is...
Day 30 -- The long slog of recovery continues. I went for in-person PT on Friday--I was dreading it. I had rehabbed my first TKR with online physio and loved the convenience (and not having anyone touch my knee). But I have to say that it was a terrific, very positive experience. I have a...
Hello Newkneemelodee! I am a fellow Ontarian so I know what you mean about the isolation of the lockdowns. I'm so excited that we are finally moving to Stage 3 opening on Friday. Part of my recovery with my first knee was going food shopping. It was a good way to build up my strength in...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.