Recent content by Freesia

  1. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Ah, Thanks Jockette. Sorry to hear you also have unresolved issues. I guess I could call my posts "My unresolved TKR issues!" Seasons' Greetings by the way and here's hoping next year will bring us good things.
  2. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Update Dec 2018: Sorry, Admin, I don't know how to rename this recovery thread. I am now 21 months post op and been getting along relatively OK, accepting mine was never going to be the greatest of TKR results, always a bit of stiffness and swelling when been on legs all day. Have had x rays and...
  3. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    MUA was 30th May and it has improved flexion. The tightness is more to the outer side of knee rather than right across front, plus behind knee a bit, where my Baker's cyst used to be. I'm following the advice in the articles, but it seems to stay pretty much the same. I have to go back for a...
  4. F

    TKR Dzina's recovery with tight band<

    Just popped by and saw your thread. This tight band vice like feeling is driving me crazy at the moment! I had an MUA at 10 weeks as had hardly any flexion in knee and progress kept going backwards. It helped the flexion but not this tightening and there is also still a numb zone outer side of knee.
  5. F

    MUA 2 yrs 5 months post tkr

    Seems like you are actually doing quite well if only about 3 weeks post op. Never forget you had major surgery that takes a lot out of the body. Too bad that we don't always have the positive encouragement we need from professionals and associates. I cannot say much as my own experience with...
  6. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Update: On list for MUA as bend never has improved. The knee was so painful at first and then just kept swelling, whatever I do. I hope this is going to help and that I won't be in the same pain after - it was the worst I ever had and I usually cope with pain quite well. It is a bit like failing...
  7. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Oh, OK @Josephine. Everyone's dentists and surgeons do not all seem to be aware of this, going by various online discussions I have seen anyway.
  8. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Still struggling with swelling and bend, supposed to be getting a follow up date this week, after much chasing up! Now I have a flare up of a dental problem that has been bothering me off and on. I was cleared by dentist to have the knee surgery, but have a couple of teeth that had a lot of...
  9. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    It was the GP - not her call I know, have not seen surgeon yet. Ironic since GP has been the one wanting to reduce pain meds all along. They seem in a rush - presume it is a target or something - they are insisting on the so called window of opportunity. I'm not going to agree to anything yet!
  10. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Feeling concerned because I have gone by the advice here but knee bend sticking solidly at only 35 to 40 degrees and there is threat of MUA hanging over me. I just do not feel ready for any interventions yet as I'm only just feeling a bit better after a rocky start. All my joints are stiff and...
  11. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    I've never had MLD myself. The GPs prescribed the NSAIDS with a PPI. Not taken them - I have hiatal hernia, had H Pylori treated and have gastric parietal cell antibodies, though no signs of inflammation on last scope.
  12. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Hi @hvtx51 I was diagnosed with lipoedema in my 50s but had it most of adult life. It was a physio that diagnosed mine when I was going with knee pain and they recognised the condition, then I was referred to the lymphoedema clinic and assessed, given compression stockings and checked yearly -...
  13. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    @Celle Thanks for reminding me re the blues thing. Yes, I guess it hit me and I understand why. I've been quite ill for the 2 years before my TKR, with other things as well as the OA and knee pain and my nutrition was not the best due to this. Every area in the body has had injury or challenges...
  14. F

    MUA My unresolved TKR issues!<

    Here is an update. I have gone down the less is more route and felt a little better yesterday. But today, seem to have regressed as my knee has swollen up rock hard and won't budge to bend. My joints are all aching and I have dull stomach pains. I was ill with a number of gut issues last year...
Back
Top Bottom