Recent content by Freddie88

  1. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Hi just three weeks out from left TKR. It is so very different from my right replacement. My PT is not only a different person but a totally different approach to exercises - much more in line with the Bonesmart way. My pain is generally well under control, and I take pain meds by the clock. I...
  2. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Hi, two weeks since left TKR. As a lot of bonesmarties know, there is no rhyme or reason as to how healing goes. This knee is so very different from the last knee - thank goodness I only have two knees. My pain is much reduced - but I am keeping to a time schedule regarding pain relief, not as...
  3. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Hello sorry I haven't posted since Tuesday, forgot to pack charging cable. Please can you leave my thread as it is? At least I can find it - not good with techno stuff. Saw my Surgeon on Wednesday morning and he said everything went very well I asked if I could go home "only if the physio's...
  4. F

    TKR Freddie's Recovery

    Hello sorry I haven't posted since Tuesday, forgot to pack charging cable. Please can you leave my thread as it is? At least I can find it - not good with techno stuff. Saw my Surgeon on Wednesday morning and he said everything went very well I asked if I could go home "only if the physio's...
  5. F

    TKR Freddie's Recovery

    Hello all, thank you for your good wishes. I cannot believe how different I feel. Surgery went well and now on ward having toast. I can move my left foot and do paddling exercises, but this is probably morphine induced euphoria. A little soreness and tightness around the incision but hopefully...
  6. F

    TKR Freddie's Recovery

    Covid test ugh! Definately a reminder of 80's Chicken Song from 1980's "Throw a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose..." Good news I'm Covid free lol. Left TKR tomorrow, be glad of the respite from surgical scrub, it plays havoc with my hair. Good luck to anyone else in surgery...
  7. F

    Revision TKR Lovetocookandsew’s long road to recovery

    Sorry you had the Covid test, also had mine on Saturday. Reminded me of the old Spitting Image song of the 80's "Hold a chicken in the air, stick a deck chair up your nose ..." :) :-) (: Good luck for your surgery.
  8. F

    TKR Freddie's Recovery

    Thank you all. My right knee had surgery in September last year and I was unprepared for the difficulties with recovery. Within 30 minutes of being at home I had a fall which shattered my confidence and it took another two to three weeks to before I began to try to bend my knee. 14 months later...
  9. F

    TKR Freddie's Recovery

    Hello, I will finally be having TKR on my left knee on Tuesday 17th November. My right knee was TKR'd in September last year and in March when my left knee surgery was due other health issues intervened (not the dreaded lurgy - Covid19). The other health issues have been resolved, thank...
  10. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Five months after right tkr, I was eagerly waiting to be called for pre-op procedures for my left knee. However, life intervened and I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, which takes priority over knee. I would just like to say a very big thanks for all your blogs, posts and journeys. So...
  11. F

    Knee Sensitivity after 5 knee surgeries

    This sounds as though this might be CRPS - Complex Regional Pain Syndrome - (aka - RSD - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy). I have very similar symptoms in my left ankle following a fall and broken bones. My consultant told me there was 'no cure' but there are certain medicines that help...
  12. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Yes 'Freddie88's Recovery' is good, thank you.
  13. F

    TKR Freddie88's Recovery

    Hello thank you, I would like my threads to be under 'Freddie 88', at least I will know where to find them. Really pleased that my surgeon is going to do a tkr on my left knee. Stage 4 oesteoarthritis on both knees has not been much fun. Previously, I managed to walk for about 10 minutes before...
Back
Top Bottom