Recent content by FrankR

  1. F

    10 days post op, still having drainage

    No it's more like nausea I think. I don't throw up so I'm not really sure. However, it did feel a bit like when I once had sea sickness. I'm three weeks post op now and I'm much better. Judging from most posts I must be way more blessed than most. I don't any swelling and very little pain. Like...
  2. F

    10 days post op, still having drainage

    My surgery was postponed but it finally go done on 4/27. Thanks for the reading material. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  3. F

    10 days post op, still having drainage

    I'm really surprised that I have very little pain. Most pain is in my left knee which took a big hit from hobbling around waiting for surgery. I seem to be having bouts with a squishy stomach. I had general anesthesia. I'm told that you can expect nausea with that but ten days! Really! Sent...
  4. F

    Peripheral neuropathy

    Lauren, what did your doctors say regarding the long term of your numbness? I've done some extensive research on PN. Most articles say that nerves can and will repair themselves over time. They may have bruised or clipped one during your surgery. I'll pray that your recovery will be complete...
  5. F

    Peripheral neuropathy

    I'm wondering if my peripheral neuropathy is going to be a blessing in Disguise. I have some deep tissue and pressure sensitivity. I'm fairly certain that pain levels will be pretty low except for the frequent burning stabbing and shooting pain I already have.
  6. F

    Peripheral neuropathy

    I've had peripheral neuropathy for 18 years. Up until two years ago it was called idiopathic by my doctors. Then they discovered that I was diabetic, but only borderline. Now one doctor thinks it's because I have sarcoidosis. It's funny how that keep pointing at it and never find a cure.
  7. F

    Peripheral neuropathy

    Yes! My surgery date is April 6. My knee way first xrayed in January. My knee has been "bone on bone" since then. I was really surprised that they scheduled it so soon after my first visit with the bone doctor.
  8. F

    Peripheral neuropathy

    I have pretty severe Peripheral neuropathy. Basically I have no feeling in my legs from the thigh to the tip of my toes. I can feel some pressure. After having fluid drawn off of my knee I realized that I can feel deep tissue pain. My surgeon tells me because I have just about zero muscle...
  9. F

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    How do I start a "thread"? Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  10. F

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having knee surgery in April?

    FINALLY!!! My RTKR is scheduled for April 6th. I've been waiting since January. My knee is bone on bone. It's swollen up quite a bit. I've been using a platform walker around the house so I don't have to put all my weight on my bad knee. I have severe peripheral neuropathy and my doc says that...
  11. F

    Discussion on exercising

    Please excuse my ignorance of the abbreviations in this forum. Is there an index some where in the AP? On this thread, What is MUA? Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  12. F

    Error messages

    I havent seen the error message for a about 10 days. Thanks for fixing the problem! Sent from my iPhone
  13. F

    Error messages

    There are several messages although as I wrote this I just realized that I.had no error messages as I came to your question. Thats a first for. As I recall the messages were all related to fetch errors. Sometimes I would get 4 or 5 of them in a row before I got to as thread. Sorry I don't...
  14. F

    Can my pre-op knee be damaged further?

    I try to steer clear of OTC pain meds as I'm already on oxy for peripheral neuropathy. Thanks for your input Sent from my iPhone
  15. F

    Error messages

    Am I the only who gets a bunch of fetch error message when I open any of the forums? Eventually I get in but it's kind of annoying. Sent from my iPhone
Back
Top Bottom