Hello, just a quick question from someone is is now a year since a hip replacement. I still find my hip very stiff if I try to cut my toenails. Is this something I should be easily able to do now or is it something that will always be a struggle after a hip replacement. Thanks so much for any...
After nearly 7 months since my hip replacement I finally have an answer to what I thought was leg weakness. My surgeon thought it may have been nerve damage but after a nerve conduction study it showed it wasn't and that my leg was actually very strong not weak. After a long wait for that test...
I think that has been a big part of my problem - worrying too much about dislocation and being too cautious with it. That's great you can now do everything and I am sure that will be me before too long. :)
It is around 4.5 months now since my hip replacement and I am still waiting for my nerve conduction study due to leg weakness. My appt was cancelled due to staff sickness and so I still have a couple more weeks to wait for my rescheduled appt. Even though I have recovered well in most ways...
I had my 12 week visit with the surgeon and for my mri results of my lower back which showed nothing that would cause my hip flexion weakness. He said he has never had a patient with this problem in all his years and the next step is a nerve conduction study as it could be femoral nerve damage...
Yes I am to a point but my other leg is now catching and causing very painful sharp groin pains if I move a certain way as I guess I am compensating because of the weaker operated leg. Like many others my other side is also "not normal" the surgeon said but it has only moderate arthritis at...
Hope everyone is recovering well. I am now at 10 weeks and had my mri (lumbar spine) a few days ago. I see the surgeon in 2 weeks for the results. My issue of not being able to raise my leg has not improved at all although I feel pretty good as it's healing in all the other ways I am guessing...
I've been comparing mine too and it looks a little different to others I've seen but I see what you mean about that little tab on yours that juts out and looks like it is nearly touching the bone. There seem to be lots of options and cemented and cementless etc. I have the Stryker Exeter. I...
I thought with my heel to toe walking and walking around the house (8 weeks today) I was making big jumps in recovery (other than log leg) but I was finding that after sitting for a while and getting up in the morning my joints were extremely stiff and sore and my neighbour who is a physio came...
@Flag100 maybe you should contact your surgeon as your son suggests as your health is more important that feeling like a nuisance to the surgeon. Have you had an xray or scan since your surgery? I'm wondering if an xray after surgery is standard practice.
Yes I thought the same after reading that if limping you should keep the crutch but I have to say I am now getting around with barely a limp after only a few days of really focussing on walking heel to toe and walking outside with a crutch on a slight slope to try and strengthen my leg which...
Thanks so much for your replies which all makes perfect sense. This is why I feel "perplexed" that my surgeon is "perplexed" after my visit. Surely an experienced surgeon would know that in some people this is par for the course with recovery. I feel there is something more with my 'log leg'...
I had my left hip replacement (posterior robotic assisted) around 6 weeks ago now and I seem to have the problem that I have been reading here of the 'log leg'. I can barely lift my left leg when standing which the physio said was unusual in the days after surgery when they have you up walking...
Surgery is very new to me so I am very thankful for this site. I could have had the surgery done end of March but I feel I need to mentally prepare so more than happy to wait until Apri. I am most likely having to have the bone graft too so that sounds like it might make recovery a little...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.