Recent content by Floridagirl

  1. Floridagirl

    TKR After 9 weeks, am I doing okay?

    Thank you all for your helpful suggestions. One final clarification: when you say "gentle stretching" what is that specifically? I am sitting in a chair and bringing my knee back as far as it can go and gently rocking (not bobbing), counting to 100, about once a day. Is that good?
  2. Floridagirl

    TKR After 9 weeks, am I doing okay?

    Thanks, everyone, for your thoughts. Josephine, if I came across impatient, I didn't mean to. I mean, recovery is taking a long time, but I understand why! :) I guess we all need a little encouragement that we are doing okay. I've read most of these articles that you posted (and thank you...
  3. Floridagirl

    TKR After 9 weeks, am I doing okay?

    Hey everyone! Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! I had a total right knee replacement on 10/26, after years and years of needing one. I am "self pay", having no insurance (but I am part of a "bill sharing" program, which was very helpful.) We had to pay for my in-home PT, so we could...
  4. Floridagirl

    Knee numbness okay?

    Well, you guys and gals are definitely a caring bunch! :) Thanks so much for all your posts. I've been put completely at ease about the numbness...besides, there's so much more to think about...like getting those knees flexing--ugh! Thanks again, all!
  5. Floridagirl

    Knee numbness okay?

    Thank you everyone, for your answers/suggestions. Such a relief to know I'm not alone, and that this is normal! :)
  6. Floridagirl

    Knee numbness okay?

    Hey everyone, I'm brand new to BoneSmart, and this is my first post. I had a total right knee replacement on 10/26. My brother (who used to be a nurse) was visiting me tonight and I mentioned how my knee is numb on the right side, beside my knee cap. It has been since the surgery. He is...
Back
Top Bottom