Recent content by FLGal

  1. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Greetings all from FL! Funny you should ask today about my prior post re: leg length discrepancy..... First I am proud to announce at 8 weeks post-op, I finished my PT this afternoon! Wooo hooo! That’s my PT Jeremiah posing with me for the occasion. I am feeling great with minimal...
  2. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    I have no pain whatsoever anymore, just stiffness in the musculature they had to cut through to get to the hip. I had an anterolateral approach. Is that what you had? Or direct anterior?
  3. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    And I am just the opposite.....I thought this would have been much harder! I expected to be using a walker for a month before transitioning to a cane, as opposed to it happening after only two weeks. The sleeping thing is getting old. Another part of my problem getting comfortable is that my...
  4. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Thank you so much!!! This makes me feel a lot better. Living in FL I am in sandals most of the year .... heel lift would just not work.
  5. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    I just remembered another point I wanted to bring up .... leg length discrepancy. I definitely feel as if the left leg is longer than the right (good hip). Is this normal? I brought it up at my visit yesterday and the PA told me it "should" resolve on its own? I viewed my X-rays and It sure...
  6. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Greetings, now three weeks out from surgery. I am feeling so much better, now down to only an Advil PM before bed as I am still finding it uncomfortable to get a good night's rest. Hopefully this will resolve sooner rather than later as I return to work tomorrow. Thankfully I work from home...
  7. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Hello all, I cannot thank everyone enough for all of your input and encouraging words. It sure helps to know that you're not alone going through this. I am feeling MUCH better since I have held the exercising, now only walking and using the stationary bike along with ice and an NSAID, still...
  8. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Wow. It truly baffles me. My PT will be here tomorrow....I’m going to mention it.
  9. FLGal

    THR New Hippie day 12 post op

    Greetings! Just when I started regretting having my left THR I found this forum. I now believe there is hope for me after all. My surgery was 10 Oct, so just under two weeks. It’s a bit different here in the States (Florida) ..... I was made to attempt to get out of bed with a walker about...
Back
Top Bottom