Recent content by Flash

  1. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    Unfortunately, I now realize that I wasted my time soliciting an opinion of my condition!
  2. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    When I mentioned that I do not take pain meds, I was referring to prescribed narcotics. Again, I only take aleve and ibuprofin. I do not take them both at the same time and only as needed when the discomfort requires it. There is no set pattern for taking the over the counter pills. I have...
  3. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    1- Pain level for the most part is 0 while sitting/resting. If it swells on the right side of the knee then the pain level is 3 when walking. 2- No pain meds 3- Do not ice on a regular basis..when I do is for 20 min. 4- I elevate my leg in the evenings while watching TV for perhaps one hour...
  4. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    I am not very active and do not exercise. My recuperation for both knees has been slow. The outcome of my first knee replacement (October 2012) was not optimal. I complained to my OS two weeks after my operation that I had a problem with the way my patella was tracking.......two more months...
  5. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    I am mostly sedentary.....my activity is mostly doing errands, grocery shopping and walking the dog after dark. I am retired. My knee recovery took a major step back after spending a week visiting relatives in a house that had multiple levels requiring the use of stairs no less than 10 - 15...
  6. F

    TKR 9 months after surgery

    I am still having problems with stiffness, swelling and going up the stairs. Most of the swelling and discomfort is on the (outside) right side of the knee. Your thoughts?
  7. F

    I am the biggest wimp... so afraid. I feel like hiding and running away

    I felt very afraid for both of my knee replacement operations. Please know that my pain management at the hospital was perfect. I did not feel any pain for the first two days. I had a small ball shaped pump attached during operation that administered pain medication for almost 3 days. This...
Back
Top Bottom