Recent content by FitGal

  1. FitGal

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    @Steelergal - how are you doing? I am definitely better! I'll probably post a 10-month update soon, but wanted to reach out and check on you!
  2. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @Steelergal - yep, we are like TKR twins! :friends: Sending you good healing vibes sista!
  3. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Hi @Roy Gardiner! So I am cycling at least 20-30 min 4-5 days a week and walking at least 5000 steps a day... trying to remember to be diligent at stretching. What is causing the tightness (so I’m told) is my desk job and traffic commute....so I am now working on stretching in between...
  4. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Hi Everyone! Just wanted to provide my Bonesmart Family with my 6-mos post op update on Ms. Puff (my Right Knee)! As most know, I stopped physical therapy in early October 2019 at 10-weeks post op. However, due to my crazy work schedule and traveling, my knee continued to swell and my ROM...
  5. FitGal

    MUA Limited/no improvement in ROM. so bummed

    Hi Clam Digger! I was reading through your thread and just wanted to chime in to help you feel better about your ROM. I am almost at 6 months po. I had major surgery on my knee prior to my TKA in 1990. Between the TKA and the previous surgery, as well as a ton of swelling over the last six...
  6. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @marieltha - Thank you so much! Happy Veterans Day (belated) to you and your husband as well!
  7. FitGal

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    Amazing news @Steelergal! So happy for you!!!!:flwrysmile:
  8. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    I was doing jumping jacks yesterday...but then I woke up... it was only a dream. :dancy:
  9. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    Well, Weeks 14 in the books and I finally have a name for my knee...."Mrs. Puff" (yep, from good 'ol Spongebob). She has a mind of her own and Puffs up when she is mad...which is mostly when I stand too long or walk on uneven terrain. Maybe she will like the pool - planning to get in there...
  10. FitGal

    MUA Steelergal's Recovery Thread

    Hey @Steelergal - I'm praying for you and thinking good thoughts! I know you will kick this MUA in the butt!!! Can't wait to hear how it goes!!!:dancy:
  11. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @Didot - Hi! Congrats on TWO new knees! Yes, I haven't been too wrapped up in ROM numbers lately. I know that I am probably around 100 comfortably, but through my daily activity and managing pain and swelling, I believe that the ROM will get better over time. My OS was perfectly happy at my...
  12. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @Poctdb - I will be following you to "The Job Store" Summer 2021....but hoping to be riding in a convertible (not a bus - lol!). Have fun at the wedding and casino! My knee is a little better by the day...but still remains swollen. Feels like there is a band across my knee....and, no, not the...
  13. FitGal

    TKR New Here Looking for Positivity

    @LooLoo - I'm at 13 weeks and still working through pain, stiffness, and especially swelling. I am still tired, but gain more energy everyday. Each day I am hoping I will wake up and forget that I have a new knee....hasn't really happened yet --- but it will!!! Hang in there!!!
  14. FitGal

    TKR POCTDB recovery thread

    Would love for your PT to visit me out here in California....put him on the bus and hurry out here!!!
  15. FitGal

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @Poctdb - yes - Ft Irwin is a tough place - high desert that is tough on the body (hot in day and cold at night and windy). The training that we do there is just a weekend twice a year with our cadets (not too bad). The knee is hanging in there - less swelling today than in a while, but still...
Back
Top Bottom