Recent content by Firefly7554

  1. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    What causes pain in the hip after a short walk or being on my feet during the day? The knee seems to be fine, and not particularly painful or swollen (TKR iDecember 15, 2020). It is the hip; is this a gait issue? Will muscle strengthening and time solve the problem or should I start looking...
  2. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    I am glad to hear that it is normal, but still very discouraging. I sure don’t know what I did yesterday to bring this on.
  3. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Well, I seem to have aggravated my knee, and it is not a happy camper right now. Nor am I. I took a walk yesterday, not much further than my usual walk, but now I am in a great deal of discomfort, not only with my knee but my hip. Maybe I am walking crooked or overcompensating in someway...
  4. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    The skin sensitivity is much better. My physical therapist said to take a nubby towel/washcloth and rub it where it where is sensitive. You don’t need to rub hard; you just need to make it get used to touch. If you do that several times a day it will get better. At least it worked for me.
  5. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Really? 30 minutes is too much? I do ankle pumps, quad sets and gluteal sets I do heel slides, short arc quad‘s, straight leg raises,Seated knee flexions, ankle plantar flexion’s, baby squats, passive knee extensions, and calf stretches. Hum, when I write it all down it does seem like a lot. I...
  6. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    I had eight sessions of PT the first four weeks after surgery. I have been on my own since then, I live alone. I do one set of PT exercises each morning, but I don’t push or strain. It takes about 30 minutes. After that I elevate and ice, play games on my iPad lying down, sit and read awhile...
  7. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    It has been nine weeks. I am still waiting for the day when I will say I’m so glad I had this done, and wish I had done it sooner. I guess I’m doing pretty well: I I can walk on my own, get in and out of the car, sit with my foot down, but the pain is ever present and I don’t last long. I am...
  8. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Approaching five weeks post op tomorrow.I know I am making progress, but I am so tired of elevating and icing. The pain, though mild, is ever present. My knee feels hot and prickly. Normal? I am getting my first Covid shot on Wednesday and have been told that I should not be taking any pain...
  9. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    5th week post op: I thought I was doing so well, and then I had a new PT who gave me a pretty stringent program. Since he was here this morning I have had my feet elevated and lots of ice and am in more pain than I have been in the last several days. Obviously it was too much. I know we don’t...
  10. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Almost 4 weeks postop; I am walking with a cane and have appropriate ROM for the length of time since surgery. My question is why does my knee get so stiff when I can bend it during PT and when I am walking but after sitting for a while it’s like board.
  11. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Michigan Mitten, thanks for the encouraging words. Tomorrow I see the doctor for my first postop. I don’t expect him to say anything except that everything looks good. it will be interesting to see what pain meds I will be able to take once I am off the Coumadin. Right now I have been dealing...
  12. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    What about skin sensitivity? My whole knee area is uncomfortable to touch; I don’t even like the sheets over it. It’s creepy.
  13. F

    Welcome to the December Supernovas' 2020 Knee Recovery Club

    Please add my name to the December Supernovas roster.
  14. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    I can’t imagine doing my other knee……… Ever. Maybe it’s just the gloomy day.
  15. F

    TKR Hanging in there

    Michigan Mitten, Thanks for the encouragement. It’s Saturday morning, gray and gloomy outside, my knee and hip hurt, I need to do my first PT of the day, and I’d rather just lie here and cry. I need a kick in the fanny.
Back
Top Bottom