Recent content by fire412

  1. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    I had a couple questions. First is regarding night sweats. 13 days post op second stage revision. Had a femoral osteotomy as well. I wake every few hours and am soaked in sweat. Been going on since the surgery. Others seem to have had this as well and was wondering if it was med related or...
  2. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    I am on crutches as this was a stage 2 revision. Doc had to open the femur up to make sure no infection before the new stem went in. I am trying to be mindful and get the leg moving normally despite only toe touch weight bearing. How do I go about tagging Josephine? Thanks.
  3. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Today is day 13 and can happily report I think I am going to be able to manage from here without any more narcotics for pain. Getting here through first 2 weeks has been a nightmare though. Surgical aches and pain of course but worse than that was the body aches from head to toe. Guess never...
  4. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Hi everyone. Well, been the toughest few months of my life and to be honest im not sure how I did it. It's day 2 of the stage 2 revision and the spacer is finally gone. Doc said there were no signs of any residual infection and so far none of the sample cultures he took have grown, so...
  5. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    So not too far away from hopefully the last chapter in the nightmare. I am curious to know what people feel like after waking and having an actual hip joint again? Spacer finally gone? Right now I feel like there is nothing that the surgeon can do to me that can hurt more than what I have lived...
  6. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Thank you to everyone for their kind thoughts and well wishes. Yes , i am on antiobiotics for the CDiff now. I have been off Vanco for infection in hip for nearly 4 weeks.Would appear the infection in hip is gone. The surgeon was very happy with the look of everything. Just dealing with cramps...
  7. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Well, my August 8th surgery was postponed. At pre op I imformed surgeon i was having stomach issues starting 4 days after the Vanco. He said not to worry ot wont bother the scheduled procedure. Well, guess what. Infection control wouldnt allow him to procede as I had come down with C Diff. New...
  8. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Surgery to remove the spacer is Tuesday August 8 2017. Only 16 days!
  9. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Well I saw the surgeon today and as long as the inflammatory blood markers stay down the spacer will be removed in less than 3 weeks. He was real happy about the look of things and even removed the picc line in his office for me. Its been 3 1/2 months on Vancomycin iv. So nice not to be...
  10. F

    Hip Infection Cement spacer in hip nearing the end

    Hello folks Quite a lengthy story but I will keep this as short as possible. Had my left hip replaced in 2011 and have never felt right since. I work as a Firefighter and pushed on through the pain for years. I told the surgeon at that time it felt "loose" like it was coming apart. He assured...
Back
Top Bottom