Recent content by fiona4269

  1. fiona4269

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    I too was a marathon runner. The training for the quarter marathon was done as you stated. In short intervals and stopping if it became too painful. The short runs as in 3/4 miles were ok, but when I had to up it to the 6/8 to make sure I could cover the distance. Then like you the knee...
  2. fiona4269

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    Welcome. You will definitely get back to Galloway. We do 1 mile challenges at club training. When I started back first I could just about manage 11mm and the last night I managed an amazing 8.35mm. I wasn't able to do that with too good knees (well not for quite some time anyway). I was...
  3. fiona4269

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    Will do. I know the local running club had a group of walkers do the Dublin City Marathon last year. So will check out if they plan to do it again. I know I am the clubs only partly bionic member. But love the company.
  4. fiona4269

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    @Arttie Gosh that is so wonderful to hear. I wondered if I would ever again do a full or half marathon. I know I couldn't expect to run one, but, I would certainly love to give the half a try walking it. Good for ye all. Wish I had a group of like minded people here. Will have to put the...
  5. fiona4269

    PKR Jogging after a knee replacement (long term!)

    I too have researched whether it is feasible to run after a TKR. Had mine done March 2016, and started training 6 months ago for a quarter marathon. Which I successfully completed. Not the fastest :rotfl: that's for sure, but, I got there. I have stepped back with the training for now, not...
  6. fiona4269

    TKR Late Bloomer<

    @zzevi I too did everything backwards, and paid dearly for it. Once I started to follow Josephines advice to the letter then, and only then did I start to move forward. I am now 6 months out and finally moving in the right direction. Listen to my body, and can now go for a reasonable walk...
  7. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    Thanks for the reply. LB3 D and E. I can only describe as like cramp and it get progressively painful.
  8. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    Just had my 6 month check up with the arthroplasty clinic. X-ray are perfect and show everything is where it should be. They were happy enough with my mobility. :yes!:Have started cycling at least once a week. Takes me a while to loosen out when I get on the bike first, and the bending is...
  9. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    Thanks for the reply. Back at work since the 15th June and doing 7.5 hour days. Try to do leg extensions during the day. I get very stiff from all the sitting but, I try to get in a nice walk once I get home to soften out. I still experience the skidding out from under me sensation if I try...
  10. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    1.4 2.None 3.Moderate 4.Flexion 110 other one don't know degree, but, almost straight 5.Only at night before bed 6.Unable to do so at work, so again only at night 7.Doing all of the above including gardening. And, yes I know this is not helping. 8.Straight leg lifts *10 Knee bends *10 Knee...
  11. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    Any advice on how long it takes to get more than an hours sleep at a time. I have to go back to work next Wednesday and don't know how I am going to manage if I keep getting so little shut eye.:tiredwheel: Aside from that physio is going well, now crutch free. Very tentative walking unaided...
  12. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    @Celle Understand what you are saying, but, you buy into what these guys are telling you especially when you are paying by the session. I had hospital organised physio, which amounted to 10 minutes and adding in another exercise. Really thought I had it made with this guy. I feel that the...
  13. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    @ladybug1 Hope things are gradually improving for you. I don't think any of us really appreciate the lack of mobility we are going to experience after the TKR, no matter how often we are told. I for one thought I was going to be so much better than everyone else. What a joke :rotfl...
  14. fiona4269

    TKR fiona4269<<

    Thank you all for the support. Don't know why I didn't try and connect sooner. I have just my son to help out. But, he is working and can only do so much. Have found a new physio in the last week, and he tells me all the exercises I had been doing to date, were not suitable for where I am at...
Back
Top Bottom