Recent content by filmguy

  1. filmguy

    THR Upper groin feels fuller and rubs now

    Not a compliant or pain related issue. Just curious if anyone has experienced this - 6 days since surgery and the thing I've noticed most since having my TRHR is that my upper inner groin surgery side feels fuller as if I had extra flesh rubbing against the other side of my groin when I'm...
  2. filmguy

    THR Upper groin feels fuller and rubs now

    I can't begin to express my gratitude for the advice. I was desperate last night and to get immediate feedback gave me great peace of mind. Good to know others can empathize re how difficult it is for some to sleep on their back. I find it ironic that the actual trauma of the surgery hasn't...
  3. filmguy

    THR Upper groin feels fuller and rubs now

    Day 4 post surgery. My first day back home and the only major problem I've had is major sleep prohibitive discomfort laying on my back. This was also a problem in the hospital. I'm a side sleeper/toss and turner, and trying to lay on my back per my drs precautions results in my lower back...
  4. filmguy

    Surgery rescheduled due to BP spike in pre op physical

    My Jan surgery was cancelled due to high Bp during pre op physical. I'm prone to white coat syndrome. Ended up having a heart cath that came back normal, so now I'm back on for surgery this Monday. My primary has provided me with a couple of clonazapam for the morning of my surgery to help...
  5. filmguy

    How bad was your range of motion pre surgery?

    Curious to hear ROM stories. PT prior to surgery told me I had the worst ROM they ever measured in someone my age. I measured at -5/0 degree on the 45 degree scale. I have to enter my car head first, knee on seat since I can't slide my leg sideways into my car. Sent from my iPhone using...
  6. filmguy

    Minimally invasive posterior vs traditional posterior

    I'm having MIS posterior done, and I'm familiar with how the anterior approach works in terms of separating and not cutting the tendons and muscles. But I'm curious regarding how significant of a difference the MIS posterior is in comparison to traditional posterior? I know the scar is...
  7. filmguy

    Anxiety re low car seat

    I'm very anxious about getting in and out of my car post op and maintaining my precautions. I have a small, low to the ground Kia Rio and I'm 6'0. Due to my lack of ROM, entering my car, I can't slide my leg in sideways, I have to enter head first and place my knee on the seat, than lower...
  8. filmguy

    anyone saved their femoral head post-op?

    I apologize if the question sounds morbid. The cause of my hip pain has been such a mystery for so long, yet such a dominant part of my life pain wise, I want to be able to have concrete physical evidence of what I've gone through, and a reminder during the tough post-op days that I did the...
  9. filmguy

    Pre-op joint seminar tomorrow

    I'm having my mandatory 2hr pre-op joint seminar Tue morning. Wondering if anyone has any advice regarding questions I should ask and seminar expectations? Thanks in advance.
  10. filmguy

    2015 January Jackpots - Are you having hip surgery in January?

    Newbie. RTHR: Jan 5th. LTHR: March 9th. Both posterior MIS
Back
Top Bottom