Recent content by Fibreartist

  1. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    Well had my nerve function test today, with the same doctor as did the one 11 months ago. He was able to compare the results & very, very different. This time very definite femoral nerve damage, he wasn't prepared to offer any opinions on my prognosis, but am seeing my surgeon again in 2 weeks...
  2. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    OK, warning long update So the original THR left leg surgery was November 2021, had trouble right from day 1 Finally saw a new surgeon who actually listened to my concerns & after reviewing all of my tests, we made the decision to do a revision of the surgery, mainly to change to a smaller cup...
  3. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    Well I am now at nearly nine months & no better off. Still can't climb stairs, go up slopes, get into a car or bed without help, dress myself, dry myself........ Cortisone injection did minimal for both pain & movement. My surgeon has now left the hospital & I will be waiting another 2 months...
  4. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    A small update, pain/movement no better 5 months out. Have had a nerve function test & am waiting to have a cortisone injection done with ultrasound. Surgeon will not see me until that is done in a months time, he seems to be avoiding me. He suggested at our last appointment is is either nerve...
  5. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    At the gym I am cycling & doing mostly upper body work Walking is a challenge as I am not able to go up hills at all, only on the flat, & where I live (rural) it is all hills. Can't easily go up steps, my leg is just a dead weight. I can't drive as while my car is automatic is has a foot...
  6. F

    Revision THR 3 months out & still can't lift leg

    I had my hip replaced at the end of November & am still unable to lift the leg very far, in fact it seems to be getting worse not better. Mentioned it to the person (not my surgeon) at my 6 week check & she just said "that happens", no suggestions as what to do, not do, recovery to be expected...
  7. F

    Welcome to the November Nimbles 2021 Hip Recovery Club

    Hi, like to add my surgery date, but not sure how, was 24th November 2021 thanks
Back
Top Bottom